near drowning...great video!

I was wondering what med. they gave him,,, what is maxalon,,, I never heard of it,, and I dont have my PDR or Tabers nearby.

It's what the foreigners call Reglan, and/or the oral version of Reglan in the U.S.

*student alert* *student alert* *student alert*

Hey guys that was a cool video for me to see. I've performed CPR 3 times in a clinical setting so not much experience with a code.

In school we were taught to continue CPR immediately after a shock without looking at the monitor (or patient I guess) per AHA guidelines.

Watching this video the first shock obviously had an effect.. With the patient acting like this one was would you have immediately resumed CPR? And if so during that cycle you intubate (+ an IV) how do you think that would have played out? I think I know the answer (yes keep going) but after seeing that video it raised the question again. How about administering epi or amiodarone (bolus) after a 2nd or 3rd shock where the patient has converted you just don't know because of CPR and no monitor/pulse check.

Just wondering what your experience is on it versus what the book says. I get the need to continue compressions because the heart still may not be up to the task but it seems so weird to be pushing on a chest with a beating heart!

Looked like he just needed more 02.. If he had earlier CPR and high flow 02 in that BVM with an OPA I wonder how that would have changed things.

Thank you

Though it's wasn't picture perfect, something worked in the patient's favor.

And to their defense, I did see at 3 (I think) right carotid pulse checks including simultaneously with the left radial check.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.