at least he had the throne room

Just Plain Ruff

Man forced to sit on toilet during flight.

http://www.news4jax.com/money/16251850/det...132008&ts=H

At least he didn't have far to go when he needed to go. Puts a whole new meaning on Shitty seats.

Why did he get out of his seat? What are they going to do, push me out the door of the plane? That is crazy, I would sue Jet Blue too !

Another point I would like to know is why did they choose that guy to give up his seat and not someone else?

And why did they not offer him to sit on the jump seat. Where was the customer service?

It would be nice to have a follow up on this one.

Another point I would like to know is why did they choose that guy to give up his seat and not someone else?

"Mutlu was traveling on a a "buddy pass," a standby travel voucher that JetBlue employees give to friends, from New York to San Diego on Feb. 16, and returned to New York on Feb. 23, the lawsuit said."

And why did they not offer him to sit on the jump seat. Where was the customer service?

It would be nice to have a follow up on this one.

"The pilot told him 1 1/2 hours into the five-hour flight that he would have to relinquish the seat to the flight attendant, court papers say. But the pilot said that Mutlu could not sit in the jump seat because only JetBlue employees were permitted to sit there, the lawsuit said."

This article has a bit more information in it.

http://wcbstv.com/local/jetblue.gokhan.mutlu.2.722250.html

Hm. I've flown on a buddy pass before and received great customer service from this airline and all of its employees. Except for that bit where they scheduled my return flight from Florida to land after my connecting flight in Boston left for Denver...

But they did put me up in a nice hotel, give me a meal voucher and find me a flight on another airline for the next day (which I had to pay for, as I was not a paying JetBlue customer because of the buddy pass).

I've been mostly impressed with the airline, much better service than some of the horror stories I've heard. I'll see what I can find out.

Wendy

CO EMT-B

My thoughts on hearing about this case all day on CNN are, Jet Blue is going to pay him off a sizable amount of $$$, as, should this go to court, Jet Loo...oops...Jet Blue will have even more bad publicity on themselves than the initial bad publicity this day of the story breaking.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.