Northern VA private companies-part time

First, I rarely start topics so I hope I am placing this in the correct category.

So here is the situation. I am a Active Guard and Reserve Soldier for the Army National Guard. (So the military is my career, in case AGR is not something you are familiar with). I have been an EMT-B for about 2 1/2 years now with a volunteer department. I am start my Masters in Emergency and Disaster Management through AMU. I am also in the process of a divorce. I am also on the team for our building with does emergency planning, including training occupants, planning and executing drills.

Here is the question: Pay the wife an supporting the kids (three LOVELY girls!!) on an E6 salary right out side of DC has left me a little cash strapped. I am considering looking for some part time work at a private company in NOVA. Does anyone here know much about them. I had been living in Southern Maryland until recently, so I am not as familiar with the NOVA stuff. I know the privates are mostly Interfacility Transfers, which I have never done, always been a 911 EMT-B. Wonder if anyone knows about part time availability, pay, etc.

Also, anyone think I might be biting off too much? I usually perform better when under stress, plus it helps keep my wight down! LOL! General comments and criticism are also welcome!!

Thanks!!

Sarge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.