Fla. EMT sues 911 caller over injury claims

VentMedic

So who do I sue for when I had my compression fx of T-7? The nursing home, the patient, the wheelchair mfg., the ambulance serv. I was working for (even though workman's comp. paid, but not everything)? It's ridiculous. And what about all the sprained wrists, ankles, minor cuts and abrasions?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incase you want to know, the cat litter prevents you from slipping on the ice that build itself up during the winter, it would melt and then freeze again, that's a chinook for you :wink:

Clumping or non-clumping liter?

Not that I want to venture North of the Mason-Dixon line or even out of the sunbelt region, but you never know when this information could be useful.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering the same thing, Dust.... how the heck did the truck's tire get in the lid of the septic tank unless they rode up on the lawn? And WHY did they need the fire truck anyway, but that's another debate that's been run over and over....no pun intended! 8)

Couldn't the family counter sue for destruction of property since she cracked and broke the septic tank due to them driving a fire truck onto the lawn? I wonder if she had to do a MVC report and if so, wouldn't the Vehicle Ins cover her if not workmans comp? The law suit just sounds very petty to me and also goes to show you can sue for anything nowadays...... :roll: shameful.

HOLY CRAP! I just spilled hot coffee on my lap because the lid wasn't on. I just burnt my legs.... so hmmm, do I sue my job for buying crappy lids or the lid maker? Maybe the coffee pot maker for making coffee too hot? Perhaps the uniform shop for having pants that aren't scolding hot water proof?

I was wondering the same thing, Dust.... how the heck did the truck's tire get in the lid of the septic tank unless they rode up on the lawn?

Florida homes, especially in rural regions, may not have a defined driveway once you enter from the street. My residence is in that category. Non-Floridians are usually very confused about parking the first time they visit. Unfortunately, since septic system laws change frequently in Florida, you may not know if the previous owner had an older system that was too costly to remove when installing a new one or hooking up to the city.

And WHY did they need the fire truck anyway, but that's another debate that's been run over and over....no pun intended! 8)

It's Florida! We love a parade of as many EMS vehicles as possible including those big Fire trucks to see where our tax dollars have been spent.

One could also argue if we didn't spend so much for 3 - 4 vehicles responding to each call, our septic systems would be better.

HOLY CRAP! I just spilled hot coffee on my lap because the lid wasn't on. I just burnt my legs.... so hmmm, do I sue my job for buying crappy lids or the lid maker? Maybe the coffee pot maker for making coffee too hot?

That's already been done.

http://www.vanosteen.com/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit.htm

Yep, the $1,000,000 cup o joe!

I remember that from years ago, hence the reason I used it because I think it's the first example of a ridiculous law suit that comes to mind. :wink:

As far as driving off road, I guess that gets a bit tricky, but has to be done in those areas..... :D

I just spilled hot coffee on my lap because the lid wasn't on. I just burnt my legs.... so hmmm, do I sue my job for buying crappy lids or the lid maker? Maybe the coffee pot maker for making coffee too hot? Perhaps the uniform shop for having pants that aren't scolding hot water proof?

Correct answer: All of the above. Can I refer you to a good lawyer?

"Police officers, firemen, paramedics are public servants," he said.

Even though I disagree with being sued by the EMT did he really have to use the word servant, it just sounds so degrading!!!

Hasnt he ever heard of Euphonisms?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.