EMS movie mockery! Skid Marks---boycott this film!

Will you watch Skid Marks?  

3 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • Hell no!

please share with your people that there is a new movie out that portrays EMS service as ridiculous and pathetic. We are trying to start a national EMS boycott of the film. It's called Skid Marks. www.skidmarksthemovie.com to see for yourself. please contact me if you'd like to help with the campaign. If this is the sort of movie you enjoy, then go ahead and continue to degrade our profession.

okay...so you busted me...I'm an EMT in San Diego. Our crew got to hang out on the set. This film is funny as hell...but there are people making a huge stink (you can see the comments on their youtube site...some of us can't laugh at what we do...that or I'm not serious enough. Perhaps when I become a paramedic I'll get serious and stuff...

The theatres are full of stupid movies that poke fun at, degrade, and belittle every possible profession there could be, including the police, fire, doctors, armed forces, you name it. Do the cops call for a boycott of the Police Academy movies? Anyone who sees the movie and actually believes that this is the way reputable EMS is run deserves to be afraid to call 911!

I agree that the best way to give out free publicity is to threaten a boycott. If you think this movie is stupid, judging from the trailer you are probaly right. If a movie looks stupid, I simply don't go, but I don't particularly care if the guy down the street (or my partner) goes to it.

It is a "B" movie - simple brainless entertainment, and that is that. I would be more likely to be upset if it was a serious drama that was ostensibly based on reality with inaccuracies and lies in it - that is the kind of thing that can do serious damage to the reputation of a vocation.

Sure lets boycott the movie, simply by not going - not because it slanders EMS, but because it just looks like a crappy movie!

Edit: HOT girls in it, though!