Rescuing the Rescuers. Oklahoma EMS

emsmedic39

You guys are miracle workers. Oklahoma has been ignoring this for a long time. I got my EMT-Basic so I could volunteer and maybe prevent at least one small EMS provider from shutting down. The jury is still out on it.

Did this ever pass? I can't find it on the oklahoma.gov site.

Thanks!!!

This is a great step but how bout having medicare increase the reimbursement rate.

not sure how a service can operated on the breadcrumbs that medicare thinks it can pay EMS systems as well as hospitals.

You guys are miracle workers. Oklahoma has been ignoring this for a long time. I got my EMT-Basic so I could volunteer and maybe prevent at least one small EMS provider from shutting down. The jury is still out on it.

Did this ever pass? I can't find it on the oklahoma.gov site.

Thanks!!!

Unfortunately, 1014 did not fail but did not make it either. Another bill (18? sorry, forgot the number) did pass allowing a small portion of funding for research and assistance. It's not much (a few million) but it is a start...

We will keep going at it, alike all states having a hard time, EMS must pull together as one and then fight later...lol

Here is a link to the OK EMS Coalation

http://www.ok-emscoalition.org/legislation

I could see them denying a pay out because the law says EMT, and you are a paramedic. It is all about the wording....

It may not amount to much, but change the semantics.

Any level of qualified licenced and/or certified EMT.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.