Turbo Medic review

So I ordered Turbo Medic, I don't remember what I paid for it exactly, but it wasn't a fortune. I wanted to love it, as EMS Solutions sometimes has great posts here. But I have really mixed feelings about it.

First, I was way disappointed that it was sold as a program, because it's not. It's file after file after file of LINKS to resources. Each new topic you want to explore is in an additional file that must be gotten to by clicking a link, then downloading the file, and then exploring it.

When I first installed it, I was shocked to find that it doesn't even create it's own shortcut. I couldn't find it! So I sent off an email, the next day got a nice response saying something to the effect, "It doesn't do that. Just do a search for the .exe file and then right click and choose, create a shortcut." or something like that.

So I did so. And it worked. Though now, each time that I open it I must enter my registration code. So with the folder I've created to house my shortcut I must also have a text file with my reg code so I can cut and paste it in each time I use it. I sent an email about this as well (which I hate! I want things to work like they should!) and was told he wasn't sure what that was about, but it looked like I would just need to enter it to use it. (His answer is much more elegant, but as I'm a freak about keeping my email clean I can't quote it here.)

The information is pretty eclectic, with some files being in, what seems to me, a logical order, and others having what seem to be huge gaps where obvious, logical parts of the information should have been.

There are tests, but some of them are self graded, and some not. And the one test that I found that WAS self graded wouldn't allow me to mark my answers! Grrrrr. It's pretty frustrating to find that as well as not really being a program, it more or less seems to be a bunch of stuff collected and put under headings that 'kind of' make sense. Ask me where to find the path of blood through the heart and I have every faith that I now own it....but I have no faith that I could find it.

That's the flip side of this. If you can find the information, and have the patience to download it and sort through it, there is a ton of it there. The author is right, it would take thousands of dollars to collect all of this information if I had to buy the books/DVDs to do so. But at least then I could find it when I wanted it and expect that it would be presented in a professional manner.

So, there you have it. Would I buy it again? No. Not so much because it is very amateurish, but because I was misled to believe that it was something that it is not, a professionally conceived learning tool.

I hope this helps....

Dwayne

Dwayne, you and I discussed this a lot over our orlando get together.

I feel your pain as purchasing something that is not in reality what you thought you were ordering.

But look at it this way, IF you would not have found the information without ems solutions then was it worth it?

Have you learned something?

One comparison, when you purchased your computer with Vista on it was it easy to use?

Dwayne, you and I discussed this a lot over our orlando get together.

I feel your pain as purchasing something that is not in reality what you thought you were ordering.

But look at it this way, IF you would not have found the information without ems solutions then was it worth it?

Have you learned something?

One comparison, when you purchased your computer with Vista on it was it easy to use?

Hard to say for sure. Would I buy it again...no. There is certainly a lot of information, but it's difficult to make use of in the format provided.

And I'm still an NT user. I have a 2 year rule with anything that says Microsoft on it. I'm kind of selfish in that I let others work the bugs out before giving them my money. And then only after a through review of my friends and family to find out how it's working for them.

That was my only real intent with the review. I have no wish to burn EMS Solutions down, he seems like a first rate guy...only to express my opinion so that others can make an educated buying decision, as I don't feel I had the information necessary to do the same.

Have a great night Ruff...We really need to knock a hole in another bottle of tequila soon!

Dwayne

I agree I've seen some of the stuff from providers like EMS solutions and if his education material is anything like some of the others then I can guarantee that it's worth the money.

For what emssolutions does, I wholeheartedly believe in.

Do you have any experience with the paramedic master exam series from EMS solutions?

I don't...but would be interested to hear your thoughts if you decide to give it a go...

Dwayne

The problem with business is that those that are unsatisfied give glowing reviews like above.

Dwanye, responses where concise and not "something like that".

The contents are NOT links to other sites or resources but files, videos and audios that you can either view direct from your computer or download to your harddrive depending on the file type.

The software is an application that you use. Like many other software products online Norton, macafee, microsoft, parts are online based to make it easier for the user.

I am not going to go and on. I stand 100% behind this product and all others I sell. I offer a 30 money back guarantee that you never asked for.

I thank you for giving it a try and giving your feedback. I do feel a bit blindsided however by your post over all.

I suppose you cannot please everyone.

http://ems-safety.com/testimonials.htm

Jim

The problem with business is that those that are unsatisfied give glowing reviews like above.

Unless I'm mistaken, at the bottom of this post you've put a link to your satisfied customers, so what is your point?

Dwanye, responses where concise and not "something like that".

Below was my concession to fairness. I'm willing to bet those not irritated with me understood the "something like that" to be my failure and not yours...though it speaks volumes about you that you chose to use it as you did.

(His answer is much more elegant, but as I'm a freak about keeping my email clean I can't quote it here.)

The contents are NOT links to other sites or resources but files, videos and audios that you can either view direct from your computer or download to your harddrive depending on the file type.

Fair enough. Could you please send me a list of files that were downloaded with my "program" because after several hours of sorting through stuff I have never found a file that didn't need to be downloaded before I could use it. I will be happy to post that list here for fairness.

As well, I will be happy to do a screen capture of the screens used to access the information along with the links that they activate. I attempted to be fair with my review, but if you want to make this personal and call me a liar, then you'd better be ready to play ball as I take my honesty very seriously and am willing to get very ugly to show you as untruthful where my honesty is concerned.

The software is an application that you use. Like many other software products online Norton, macafee, microsoft, parts are online based to make it easier for the user.

Could you explain how this is to my benefit? That might be where our misunderstanding lies, as I've found no benefit to having to download each item and open it before I can tell if it even interests me or not. (Surly you're not referencing the 'free' material!?!)

Again, please send me a list of a 'significant' number of the parts that are not online and I will be happy to explain my misunderstanding here and make it right. I've purchased many, many learning programs for myself and my son, and at no other time have I been forced to download something with nearly every click of the mouse to make it functional.

I am not going to go and on. I stand 100% behind this product and all others I sell. I offer a 30 money back guarantee that you never asked for.

I made my displeasure obvious and purposely didn't ask for a refund. I wanted to see if it would be offered when it became obvious that I wasn't happy. It wasn't, you decided to whine instead. That's too bad.

I did in fact ask for the CD version of the program to see if that would resolve the need to enter my reg code each time I opened the program but was told, "That won't help, you'll get the same thing on CD."

I thank you for giving it a try and giving your feedback. I do feel a bit blindsided however by your post over all.

That's fair, as I felt a little blindsided by your product and your response to my post. I guess that makes us even.

I suppose you cannot please everyone.

I've incredibly easy to please. Sell me what you've promised, make good on the issues that I had.

I did in fact offer to give you my opinion on your product before I posted this review. Had I sensed any interest then at least I might have had faith that you were interested in making it a better product. You weren't, so I posted and honest review.

I would love to continue this here. If I've been unfair I will, as always, have no problem admitting I've made a mistake and make things right to the best of my ability. Just prove me wrong and I'll back you 100%. Up to the point that you called my honesty into question I've had no issues with you, and have enjoyed and learned from your posts. I've no ax to grind, I posted what I believe honest information in an attempt to help others make an educated, informed buying decision.

And I don't believe that it will be missed by the many intelligent people here that when confronted by a complete picture of my impression of your product that you decide to become indignant instead of attempting to "make it right."

I look forward to your response and the opportunity to clear up any misconceptions I may have created in your future customers.

Dwayne

Dwanye -

I am not going to go back and forth with you on this. You have your opinion and I respect that. I only wish you had contacted me after your initial issue with the shortcut. I was under the impression that all was well after our contact.

Again, thanks for your feedback and for giving it a try.

Jim

Dwayne, I appreciate the review... but you shoulda contacted him again before lambasting it all over the forum... lol!

Just good business policy IMHO. Now, if he had TOTALLY screwed you and been completely evil about misunderstandings with the product, then you could toast him as a business person and roast his product to your heart's content...

How about trying other products? Or posting what worked for you and what you were able to get out of the product? It is a good resource, albeit a bit difficult to navigate, no? Kind of like a journal database from what I'm hearing... it's all there, it's all FREE (whoopee!) but it's a little awkward to find. Is that what your experience was? I found your review a little confusing TBH.

Wendy

CO EMT-B