Personal Question

firedoc,

can I start by saying I read your posts with respect & admiration of a seasoned & knowledgable professional.

Medicine as we know it today has gone through many, many changes in the past 30 years. Most of this has been in improved drug therapies, improved in hospital treatment routines in hospitals, surgical advances. This is still continuing on today. Pre Hospital medicine, EMS, is now staring to move forward in leaps & bounds with the past 10 years seeing major changes in many Ambulance services worldwide.

The past 30 years, for example has seen the introduction & standard use of ASA (Aspirin) & nitrates in the primary treatment of suspected myocardial ischaemia. Now, many services either are useing, or are trialing thrombolyasis treatments & hopital bypass to cath labs for STEMI patients.

People like you, firedoc, have the ability to pass on knowledge, because the basic of what we do dont change, no matter what treatyment options are given to us by the powers that be. We are all committed to continuing education, to better understanding of the illnesses we treat & the rationale behind our treatment regimins. The secret we have to remember, and this was shown to me by a respected trauma doc, is to start with Airway, the if it is clear, Breathing, then dont ove on untyil you have that managed. Once that is done, Circulation, Dysfunction & Disability, Exposure & Environment & Focused history. By following that & continually redoing that, you will do the best for your patient.

Your posts, your attitudes reflect patient care as a primary focus.

Keep up the good work, I will wait to see the next firedoc installment next week!!!!!

it's not rust it's barnacles. Seriously EMS like fire is losing to many of the gray hairs. There experience is the wisdom that will keep you out of trouble because they have been there and seen that. Hell they even have the t-shirt. That being said some senior people in our ranks are resistant to change and that slows us down. (I want to point out that I do not know Firedoc well enough for this statement to refer to him.)

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.