More Than Drunk?

ibemt31, Dwayne makes some very good points. I don't think everyone is jumping down your throat. I think everyone is just trying to understand your reasoning behind giving high flow instead of low flow. Everyone wants to hear more than, you just gave it just because or to err on the side of caution.

On one of your posts, you say " I have very little capability to make that determination in the field as a BLS provider." Well, you do have the capabiltity in the field as a BLS provider. The patient presentation and a good patient assessment can tell you if you need high flow or low flow. i.e if your pt has SOB, cyanosis, junky lung sounds with a low spo2 (to name a few) then high flow o2 would be a good thing.

Again, we weren't there so maybe you had other reasons for giving high flow. Don't take things personally on these forums. There are some very smart and experienced medical professionals here that can teach you alot. I know I have learned alot from them.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You MUST take constructive criticism and accept it. Learn from it. Don't get defensive. Take what you learn and run with it. And just because your "basic" doesn't mean you can't use more advance ideas that you learn here or pick up in the field, with common sense of course. Sometimes you have to think outside that "BLS" box.