Medic school in PA?

It honestly depends on how much you are willing to spend...

The cheapest is Montgomery County. Their program runs $1500 but is somewhat difficult to get into.

www.montcopa.org/eoc

I graduated from this program, if you live in montgomery county I would try to get into one of the local squads as a volly emt before going into class so you have some connections, it will make getting your ride time in alot easier. It took alot of us an entire year after the end of class to get the required runs in with the low call volume of the county.

I would also check out Star Tech and Jefferson Hospital if you have more to spend and actually live in the city. They do their ride time with philly fire, and at least that requirement can be met alot faster.

You can check out Bucks County Comm. College as well. EMT-P is listed under the course Responding to Emergencies, and there are prerequisites that you have to have before registering. Good luck!

www.bucks.edu

NY PA there is always good ole H.A.C.C. Harrisburg area Community college.... they have an established paramedic program too. They are in Harrisburg, not really Philly area but a paramedic program in PA.

I graduated from this program, if you live in montgomery county I would try to get into one of the local squads as a volly emt before going into class so you have some connections, it will make getting your ride time in alot easier. It took alot of us an entire year after the end of class to get the required runs in with the low call volume of the county.

Why not push him to get a paid job so he can pay for his school.

1. There are a grande total of three (3) nationally accredited paramedic schools in the entire state of Pennsylvania. I would limit my choices to those three, unless another can prove to you that they are in the process of obtaining accreditation. If any school tells you they don't need accreditation, avoid them like the plague.

• Center for Emergency Medicine

230 McKee Pl., Ste. 500

Pittsburgh, PA 15213

412/647-5300

http://www.centerem.com

Harrisburg Area Community College

One HACC Dr.

Harrisburg, PA 17110-2999

717/780-2564

http://www.hacc.edu

Pennsylvania College of Technology

EMT-P Program

777 Rural Ave.

Williamsport, PA 17701

570/321-5549

http://www.pct.edu

• 2. "Cheapness" is not a very wise criteria to use when planning your medical education. In fact, it's just stupid. Do you want your mother cared for by the person who went to the cheapest or fastest school? You get what you pay for.

3. Avoid association with volunteer squads at all costs. It will only delay your professional development, as well as delay the development of the profession as a whole. After you have spent thousands of dollars and a couple of years becoming a paramedic, then you start wondering why there are so few paid jobs for you -- and why they pay so little -- you will then realise it is because so many idiots give it away for free. Don't shoot yourself in the foot by volunteering. And anybody who cannot resist that urge does not have the professional mentality to be a paramedic. Again, you get what you pay for.

4. You don't have any business looking for a paramedic school until you have completed, at the very least:

• Anatomy & Physiology I

Anatomy & Physiology II

Microbiology

Algebra or higher

General Psychology

Developmental Psychology

Sociology

EMT School

• You can do those at any community college, and not necessarily the one you plan to attend paramedic school at. But, if you don't do those courses first, you will not be as good a medic as you could have been, which again illustrates that you are not fit to be a paramedic.

Go big or go home. Do it right, or not at all.

Good luck.

The Center is here in Pittsburgh and is the best the world. People from all over come here for paramedic training. It is in a building on the Pitt campus. They help you with everything you need. Like, your er time, or time, truck time, classes, uniforms, and whatever else you might need. you are just going to have to call them and find out when the next class is. The Center does all that you need, not just paramedic classes. They provide all the EMS classes. Basic, Paramedic, EVOC, CPR, First Responder, PRN, Pre hospital Doctors, you name it they have it. Good Luck with your search.