Is this illegal?

mailmantech82 where you at in Maine? PM me if you like. No not working under someone's name, even I know that it is illegal. :oops: It has to do with OT. Apparently miss print in my letter from the boss. Just so frustrating. I just wanted to make sure I was not doing something wrong.

Take care and be safe.

Sounds like youre describing a "Shift trade"..."I EMT-B will work EMT-A's shift on these days and in return EMT-A will work my shift on these days."

Not sure if im stating the obvious here :lol:, I dont know about other places but in my area these are a way of life....people use them allll the time...even have specific forms for it....doesnt sound illegal as much as them not wanting excess overtime....but i guess it would depend on your state laws.

Its legal in California...

Might be completely off track though... :D

are you saying that you would work your normal hours and your co-workers hours... if that is the case.. you would have to be paid OT if that number goes over 40hrs and unless im mistaken thats a federal labor law. They cant allow you to work say 72 or 96 hrs and NOT pay you OT that is illegal.

Actually federal labor laws allow more than 40 hours per week for EMS w/o overtime. It all depends upon the type of service.

• 2 weeks later...

In the FDNY EMS, contractually, an EMT or Paramedic cannot work more than 18 hours consecutively. That is x2 eight hour tours.

The paperwork is processed Saturday into Sunday.

Some of our "Overtime Hounds" used to do a bit of craziness. On Saturday, they would work the 18 hour "Double", then work the first 8 hours of Sunday. Technically, it was on 2 separate weeks. Or, they'd work the 1600 to 2400 hour tour Saturday, then do the double on Sunday, 0000 to 1600. In essence, they'd be doing a full 24 hours long tour, no sleep included, as we stage from street corners, as mentioned in other strings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.