Is it supposed to be scary?

Schwaa

all of the above are wonderful pieces of advice.

do what I did. I moved back in with mom and dad, dad paid for the class and they gave me a stipend of 500 per month for incidentals. Just like a student loan.

My dad said that this would be the last class he ever paid for for me so make the best of it.

This guaranteed that I would have all the time to study and go to clinicals during class.

It was the best thing since I was finished with clinicals and ride time at least 3 months earlier than anyone else in my class.

When in doubt become a freeloader like these people. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

do what I did. I moved back in with mom and dad, dad paid for the class and they gave me a stipend of 500 per month for incidentals. Just like a student loan.

My dad said that this would be the last class he ever paid for for me so make the best of it.

This guaranteed that I would have all the time to study and go to clinicals during class.

Lucky dawg.

It was the best thing since I was finished with clinicals and ride time at least 3 months earlier than anyone else in my class.

When in doubt become a freeloader like these people. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1770

Man did I f*** up!

Kiss your life goodbye. I'm in medic school right now, and it is a college-level program, one that eats up every single moment of my spare time. If I'm not at work, I'm at school. If I'm not at school, I'm in a clinical rotation in the hospital (usually the ER). If I'm not in the hospital, I'm doing my field rotation (I started early, since I can't do the massive dump that everybody else can). If I'm not in the back of the ambulance, I'm studying. My last vacation was a weekend with my family, celebrating a birthday...and that was only because I didn't have anything other than pharmacology and cardiology scheduled to study. I average 5 hours of sleep each night. (Tonight was zero...work, then straight to a rotation)

I'm dumping my fiance this week, provided I can find someplace to live. My home is a mess, but that isn't my problem anymore once I get my stuff out of there. After being completely independent for the past few years, I had to ask my parents for money to help pay for this class...and now again to find someplace to live and for cash for furniture. I'd move back in with them, but they live too far away for me to make the commute to everything.

But, I wouldn't trade this for the world! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finished my first week and I have to say I probably screwed myself over. For the first month Im taking AP2 and a world history course which takes up a lot of my time. When I'm done with those I have to start Pharmacology which I should have taken in place of my history class so I had it done already.. I never knew that I would have to cram so much stuff into so little time. For the first semester we only need 2 shifts at our level 2 trauma center, 8 ER shifts(for 25 sticks), 3 OR shifts (for intubations), and 1 shift at a respiratory center. All of this plus work and study time is crazy.

When I have time before class, im at OR clinicals. When I have time after class, I'm at ER clinicals... When I have Fridays off, Im at the ER or Trauma center. Saturdays are work(24) and I have sundays all to my self.... and my Medic/Pharmacology Books....

But It will all be worth it in the end. (now back to studying)