Playing police?

Dispatched for an overdose. Advised that the pt had left the residence and we were given the direction of travel. What do you do?

A. Go and find them

B. Stage out

C. Go available

D. Other (please specifiy)

I'll give you the story once I get some answers.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overdose calls are unsafe scenes by our policy. Police secure the scene before we go in. That makes your question easy to answer. I would go available. When the PD find them, they'll let us know.

Dispatched for an overdose. Advised that the pt had left the residence and we were given the direction of travel.

Advised by whom?

No no no!

you get in the wackermobile with the mini light bar a blazin! and drive around calling out on the bullhorn in the direction of travel. when you find the pt. be sure to hobble them--using your handy dandy S&W cuffs and dog leash. Make sure to flash your badge around 2 or three times!

Then get your personal ALS trauma kit out of the trunk and start 'treatin

:roll:

Ok....so i am obviously flatulating in the room.....it was too hard to resist!

Stage. Continue to eat my lunch. Lasagna with some Fava beans and a nice Diet Pepsi. Let PD track down, disarm, cuff, and secure patient then give us an all clear to come in. Place my lunch back in the cooler on way to the call. Arrive on scene, take one last swig of Diet Pepsi, pop a breath mint, jump out and serve my community.

when you find the pt. be sure to hobble them--using your handy dandy S&W cuffs and dog leash.

Well, someone's been reading out of the Lynndie England play book.