I Like working rual ems

I have worked in the south side of Chicago for eight years. Now live in Southern Illinois and would not give it up for nothing. Response time might take 10 to 15 minutes or longer at times. When there is more monies given to EMS providers to place more ambulance in the more real areas. We will deal with it do our job the best we can.

What is with my generation???

Read that post out loud to whoever is in the room with you and watch their reaction.

I think you are trying to discuss rural EMS but I can not be sure. I am a rural EMS buff and would like to discuss whatever you are bringing to the table ... but please for the love of god, proofread your posts people.

• Like 1

I couldn't understand what the original poster was trying to say either. I'll discuss rural EMS with you mobey. I work at a rural station in BC. We have one of less than 10 4x4 cars in the province at our station.

What is a "rual" area? And when you say "real area" what kind of real area are you talking about?

I work part time at a service that is 90 miles to hospital with no air support and only 1 ambulance. We have some patients that it takes about 2 hours response time, then it takes well over 3 hours transport time to the hospital. Most response times are closer to 20 minutes. Nearest mutual aid is an hour away. We are primary for over 2000 square miles, and mutual aid for another 4000+ square miles.

Good question. People in Manhattan think that Long Island is "rural", so it is a pretty nebulous term. I've worked some pretty darn rural places, but never as rural as Spenac.

Good question. People in Manhattan think that Long Island is "rural", so it is a pretty nebulous term. I've worked some pretty darn rural places, but never as rural as Spenac.

If we could only take patients to nearest hospital we would only have about 10 minute transport time on most. But darn international laws and all just get in the way. :D And then to all the illegals would get mad that we were taking them back, so probably get sued for rights violations. Just can't win for losing.

I have worked in the south side of Chicago for eight years. Now live in Southern Illinois and would not give it up for nothing. Response time might take 10 to 15 minutes or longer at times. When there is more monies given to EMS providers to place more ambulance in the more real areas. We will deal with it do our job the best we can.

Translation - I have worked in the south side of Chicago for eight years. I now live in Southern Illinios and would not give it up for anything. Our response time might be upwards of 10-15 minutes or longer at times but this is the nature of the area I cover. When there is money given to Ambulance services to put an ambulance in every town our response times will go down, but until then we will deal with our long response times and make the best of a bad situation.

That's my translation.

Guys, this is the third post that I have translated because of attrocious grammar and spelling and just plain "Bad english" as my English teacher in high school told me time and time again. If you can't make a decent sentence then have someone else write it for you but don't run for the office of the president if you do that. It might come back to bite you in the butt.

but I digress,

Goodness, where to start.

Too bad there is not the ability on this site to automatically spell and grammar check every post. Mine would get corrected too at times but in the past month we have had the butchering of the English language like never before.

If you want to sound professional and you want to participate in a educated discussion please please please use spellcheck.

My spellcheck button is no longer available it says instead "ON STRIKE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE" and I can't click it.

If you are going to post something then re-read it and then read it out loud. If it sounds bad to you and you are the one who wrote it then it's going to sound bad to those who read it.

Please help my spellcheck button get out of PTSD and back on the site. Only you can prevent bad grammar.

Please help my spellcheck button get out of PTSD and back on the site. Only you can prevent bad grammar.

I didn't realise it wasn't working. It's never worked for me though. It always tried to mess up my spelling.

Yesterday, my computer went crazy and reverted back to American English for awhile and started changing my spelling. Luckily, I got that fixed!

I have worked in the south side of Chicago

Did anyone when they saw this first line think of the song by Jim Croce? Bad Bad Leroy Brown

Well if I am the only one I'll let you all in on the lyrics of this song.

Well the south side of chicago

Is the baddest part of town

And if you go down there

You better just beware

Of a man named leroy brown

Now leroy more than trouble

You see he stand bout six foot four

All the downtown ladies call him treetop lover

All the mens just call him sir

And its bad, bad leroy brown

The baddest man in the whole damn town

Badder than old king kong

And meaner than a junkyard dog

Now leroy he a gambler

And he like his fancy clothes

And he like to wave his diamond rings

In front of everybodys nose

He got a custom continental

He got an eldorado too

He got a 32 gun in his pocket for fun

He got a razor in his shoe

Well friday bout a week ago

Leroy shootin dice

And at the edge of the bar

Sat a girl named doris

And ooh that girl looked nice

Well he cast his eyes upon her

And the trouble soon began

And leroy brown learned a lesson

bout messin with the wife of a jealous man

The baddest man in the whole damned town

And meaner than a junkyard dog,

Well the two men took to fightin

And when they pulled them from the floor

Leroy looked like a jigsaw puzzle

With a couple of pieces gone

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.