length and cost of your medic class??

JUST tuition and NO other expense at all (not even books) and before taxes

PCP: 2 years (4 semesters) ~$4040CDN

ACP: 1 year (3 semesters) ~$9000CDN

So to get to the ALS level is costing me in tuition alone $13040CDN before taxes and the equivalent of 3 and a half years.

Factor in all of my other spendings and I almost guarantee that I am spending over 30k

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Paramedic class is 15 weeks long in the classroom and then approx. 620 hours clinicial/field time. The cost is as follows:

Non-refundable Application Fee $25

Tuition ($500 non-refundable deposit) $5,000

(Tuition subject to change)

Textbooks $600

Hobet $50

Anatomy & Physiology Test $50

Malpractice Insurance (approximate) $150

Hepatitis B Vaccinations $150

Certification Examination Fees $140

Parking (approximate) if needed $100

Student Physical $50

Uniform shirts-three (approximate) $75

University of Iowa Student Fees $790

Includes:

Base Student Fee

Computer Fee

Student Activities Fee

Student Services Fee

Student Union Fee

Building Fee

Career Services Fee

Total anticipated expenses $7,180

Plus the cost of a apartment.

The class is at the University of Iowa - EMSLRC there website is:

http://www.uihealthcare.com/depts/emslrc/paramedics.html

I hope this may help someone.

About 2 1/2 years for an AAS in Emergency Medicing...I've lost track of cost. Somewhere around $12-15,000 for about 80 college units.

There was a lot of expense in clinicals. Driving, food, etc. I'm a little suprised by most of the clinical hours posted here.

At the end of next month I will have about 830 clinical hours. Approx 310/hospital and our program requires a minimum of 520 preceptor hours. (Count the 2 hour 30 minute round trip to school 4-5 days a week and each shift of clinicals and...Well, I don't really want to know what it comes to.... :wink: )

Dwayne

The averge here is 13-16 months a few days a week and about $5000. Does anyone know of a shorter program that is more days a week?

Lots of them. Google "accelerated paramedic" and be amazed at the number of 3 and 4 month medic schools that go all day long. But most of them turn out a crap medic. I would recommend them only to somebody with a nursing or other science degree behind them, because they only teach the cookbook in those schools. I sure wouldn't hire you.

• 1 month later...
Place: Northeastern Oklahoma

Cost: approx. $800.00

Length: 6 months training - one 8 hour a day class at local VoTech - 92 hours on clinicals

...Basic EMT Certification - Priceless.

:D

Wow only 8 hours of class time. :shock: Surely must be more.

2 semesters general studies and A & P - 2 semesters paramedic - 16 hours lecture per week, 5 hours labs per week, 24 hours clinicals biweekly (total of 1200 hours + clinicals) and 240 hours dual medic preceptorship with minimum 50 patient contacts - 20 as lead medic. The paramedic year means no life outside of school. For every hour of lecture, it takes me about 2 hours of study and reading to keep up.

Cost - about 4K per year. Total 8K (thats books and tuition - not food, gas, etc. and I drive 45 minutes 1 way to school and 1 hour plus to clinicals and ridetime)

I am thrilled with my education by the way.. and look forward to a lifetime of learning

My Paramedic class is 15 weeks long in the classroom and then approx. 620 hours clinicial/field time. The cost is as follows:

Non-refundable Application Fee $25

Tuition ($500 non-refundable deposit) $5,000

(Tuition subject to change)

Textbooks $600

Hobet $50

Anatomy & Physiology Test $50

Malpractice Insurance (approximate) $150

Hepatitis B Vaccinations $150

Certification Examination Fees $140

Parking (approximate) if needed $100

Student Physical $50

Uniform shirts-three (approximate) $75

University of Iowa Student Fees $790

Includes:

Base Student Fee

Computer Fee

Student Activities Fee

Student Services Fee

Student Union Fee

Building Fee

Career Services Fee

Total anticipated expenses $7,180

Plus the cost of a apartment.

The class is at the University of Iowa - EMSLRC there website is:

http://www.uihealthcare.com/depts/emslrc/paramedics.html

I hope this may help someone.

so you are paying 5k in tuition and 10K in fees and other stuff the school is forcing you to get. Now that's nickel and diming you if you ask me