questions about places to work

brock8024

I am a new paramedic and wanting to look for a place to work. I am currently working for a service, but I have never lived out of oklahoma. I am looking for different states to work in. I have went to different website to try to find jobs and have found some nice sounding jobs. Here is my think I need help from people with what places to stay away from or good places to go. I am not wanting people to bash services just want incite on different companies.

So far I like this place--- ACADIAN AMBULANCE & AIR MED SERVICES

I Looked at galveston texas, Hawaii, and other nice temp places.

Can anyone please Help.

Brock

How about deciding where you want to live as opposed to moving just for a job? There's more to life than work. Why take a job with an organization if you don't want to live in that particular area? Or, worse, why take a job in a place you've never been only to find out that you absolutely despise living there?

Try it this way. Make a list of all the places you think you'd like to live. Visit if you can. Research all the other things you can do outside from work. Activities, clubs and a social life are all just as, if not more, important than the organization for whom you work.

Then, once you've narrowed the list, then you can research specific organizations within those areas and further narrow your search from there.

There are jobs everywhere. But you're not going to necessarily be happy living just anywhere. Look at location, then the job. I think, in the long run, you'll be much happier.

-be safe

I don't know where you live in OK or what service your work for but I live in Tulsa (just moved here in August) and work for EMSA. I love absolutely love Tulsa and working for EMSA. But I don't know if your looking for a busy city or a slower suburb.......maybe being a little more specific on what you want would help.......

Ok. So pick a costal state in which you think you might want to live and start your research. Google is a great place for that. Once you've narrowed down a location you can find local services. Once that's done, then you could come back here and look for service/locale specific info to help you with your decision.

Good luck!

-be safe

I am a new paramedic and wanting to look for a place to work. I am currently working for a service, but I have never lived out of oklahoma. I am looking for different states to work in. I have went to different website to try to find jobs and have found some nice sounding jobs. Here is my think I need help from people with what places to stay away from or good places to go. I am not wanting people to bash services just want incite on different companies.

So far I like this place--- ACADIAN AMBULANCE & AIR MED SERVICES

I Looked at galveston texas, Hawaii, and other nice temp places.

Can anyone please Help.

Acadian use to rock. I don't know how they are now, but about 10 yrs. ago IMHO they were one of the best.

Brock

If you are not looking to move on the coast, you can look at Grand Junction, CO. The winters are very mild there, very sunny and summers are not too hot. Many places are nice in the winter maybe, but hotter than heck in the summer, Grand Junction is a nice place with a lot to do over there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.