Working at a fair

Fluffpaw38

This is a actual call i went on.

You are working at a fair with your fire department (you and your EMS chief).

You are on stand-by at the first aid station. You receive a call from security of a "Intoxicated person" about 100 yards from where you are. Apon arrival you find a male in his 34 year old male, talking in slurred speech to an officer. A shop owner tells you he was walking around talking funny and tripping all over the place.

What do you do.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The patient states, "thazz wazzazz a git from mah mozer"

LMAO! Nice job of painting the picture! :lol:

So... obviously, the next step is a history and exam. What's it show?

The patient states in slurred speech, "The aliens are coming and this is where i came to get picked up. They told me to come here."

As you assess the man from a stepping distance you reach to grab his wrist you let him know what your doing, you notice his skin is cool and clammy, and his pulse is a little fast at 108. You look at his clothing, chunky vomit is gathered on his sleeve and collar but you cannot smell alchohol on his breathe. You notice he has a small bandaide on one of his fingers.

The man pushes the officer and says, "THEY ARE DEFINITELY COMING! OH MY GOODNESS!" the man falls to his knees and states, "my shoe is eating my foot"

The man sits crying as his shoe is sapposibly eating his foot, the police officer removes the mans shoe and out falls a half filled bottle of Pepto-Bismol.

You manage to calm the man down. Your partner tells the man, "i have a space ship, and you can come with us if you want." The man states, "ok"

You go and get the ambulance as your partner gets a set of base line vitals.

Skin is cool and clammy

Blood pressure is 128/82

Pulse 110

Resp 22

Pupils Normal and reactive

Mental status: Patient is alert and oriented, he follows instructions.

History: patient states he was probed by aliens.

Who are we to judge? Maybe this guy really was probed by aliens. Maybe they really did tell him to come here. Maybe he listened because he was afraid of getting probed again if he didn't listen. Maybe he was hoping to get probed again.