Improvised "Weapons" for EMS Defense

This gets my vote for one of the most ridiculous posts I have seen to date.

But not to be left out of the fracas, I’ll add my cent and a half…

In a pinch watch MacGyver then try the improbable.

Someone said it’s like trying to run faster than a bullet, instead of wearing a vest, I agree.

Another suggested putting a concealed knife down the crack of your ass (OK this wins for the dumbest) why bring a knife to a gun fight? Not to mention what it would do to your pants when you bent over…

And other answers from getting in and staying in shape (a good idea anyway) to getting a good pair of running shoes not practical as you should be in toe protective work boots.

Finally the last (so far) stated your body is the best protection, I guess that applies if your superman.

The best responses have intoned scene safety and the ten second survey…

Truly the BEST protection you carry is your Brain, try using it BEFORE you put yourself in a dangerous situation.

Remember: FOOLS RUSH IN…

-w

I wear a knife on my belt in the small of my back every day. It's never done anything to my pants :lol:

If some one has a gun and you're on scene close enough to get shot at the Cops aren't doing their job. I was answering this question with the impression that the scene had at least been secured by the police and you were being assaulted by a violent victim.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Rambo's a joke term the military uses.

For example, if some one were to ask:

"Who would win in a fight consisting of 1 Navy Seal against a Platoon of Marines?"

The answer is Joe Rambo.

When people ask ridiculous questions, the all around American Hero Joe Rambo will always prevail.

In terms of society being set back, you're nuts. This day and age is the first where we've actually had a steady flow of medical personell in this sense. Society is so far evolved from what it used to be, especially since electricity came around, that it's just wishful thinking to say "Is this what we've come to?". It implies that we used to be better then we are.

Targetting violent offenders is an entirely new debate, which goes more towards the way that we just throw people in prison, rather then providing the psychiatric support they likely need.

We don't live in a society that tries to reform it's criminals, we simply throw them off to the side and discard them. How would that make you feel?

Everyone reacts differently to adrenaline, people with drug addictions can be going through completely uncontrollable thought patterns - especially on drugs like crystal meth where they become sleep deprived or PCP.

The key to avoiding confrontation is having absolute empathy. Don't ignore some one on a scene because you think they're a degenerate ect.

Are you Hillary's campaign manager or what?

This liberal excrement is exactly why society is rotten to the core! No personal responsibility and no accountability for one's actions. There have been a myriad of threads on EMTcity that have included elements of this type discussion. If we could just speak to little Gary Leon Ridgway's inner child perhaps his nasty habit of killing people wouldnt have reared its ugly head.

Gang bangers and thugs regardless of color or race are the parasites of modern society. The people are rarely rehabilitated and continue taking and taking from society until someone kills them. Hopefully its their scumbag friends that kill them and then get charged with the murder (a two for one special) The best scenario is they both die in a shootout that doesnt involve anyone else. EMS brings out the handy dandy ziplock disaster pouch and for a moment in time things are better, but only until another looser takes their place.

I think we should suspend the Posse Comitatus act for a week or so and send the military to kill as many of these people as possible. It would be good practice for the military and urban renewal for the country. Who is doing more harm to American anyway, al-qaeda or the drug dealers and gangs? Try the fools for treason and execute them.....

I transported a psych once. P.D. cleared them after patting them down. When we got to the hospital, he pulled a 6" knife from his boot and proceeded to attack me and the nurse. Lucky enough I've taken a defensive tactics course and he didn't hurt either one of us before security tackled him. The point to all this? sometimes the police don't do their jobs all the time, and sometimes human error kicks in and you just can't catch it all.

I'd never vote for her and forsee this Country going to shambles if she's placed in office.

This liberal excrement is exactly why society is rotten to the core! No personal responsibility and no accountability for one's actions. There have been a myriad of threads on EMTcity that have included elements of this type discussion. If we could just speak to little Gary Leon Ridgway's inner child perhaps his nasty habit of killing people wouldnt have reared its ugly head.

Not everyone can be cured, some people belong locked up for their entire lives away from human interaction. Especially murderers. I was referring more to drug addicts, the homeless, alcoholics ect. whose behavior is in direct correspondance to a curable disease. Obviously we shouldn't just say "Oh he murdered his entire family because he didn't get enough hugs." You're totally misconstrewing what I say.

Gang bangers and thugs regardless of color or race are the parasites of modern society. The people are rarely rehabilitated and continue taking and taking from society until someone kills them. Hopefully its their scumbag friends that kill them and then get charged with the murder (a two for one special) The best scenario is they both die in a shootout that doesnt involve anyone else. EMS brings out the handy dandy ziplock disaster pouch and for a moment in time things are better, but only until another looser takes their place.

Typical thought pattern and ultimately destructive to our society. Our Prison's are overflowing with drug addicts and gang bangers because we refuse to address the situation. Instead we just recycle them through the prison system at 500 bucks a head. Sooner or later it's all going to catch up to us and we won't be able to deal with it. Whether they're degenerate scum bags or not, the problem needs to be addressed. People aren't born gang bangers, it's directly related to them being raised by other gang bangers in neighborhoods where cops treat everyone like they're dirt rather then human beings. Maybe efforst to reform won't work 100%, maybe not even 50% but something needs to be done to start putting a dent into prison populations. Locking some one up because they're addicted to drugs, subjecting them to the emotional abuse guards do and then cutting them loose with $50 in their pocket is only going to burden society further.

I think we should suspend the Posse Comitatus act for a week or so and send the military to kill as many of these people as possible. It would be good practice for the military and urban renewal for the country. Who is doing more harm to American anyway, al-qaeda or the drug dealers and gangs? Try the fools for treason and execute them.....

I don't even know what to say to this, it makes me sick to my stomach that people think like this and I'm a former soldier.

EDIT: Cleaned up for DustDevil.

Edit the quotes in your replies. Don't re-quote the entire message of the post you are replying to. Either edit it down to only the relevant statement you are responding to, or delete the quotes altogether. If you don't know how to edit quotes, ask someone for help.

Sooner or later it's all going to catch up to us and we won't be able to deal with it. Whether they're degenerate scum bags or not, the problem needs to be addressed. People aren't born gang bangers, it's directly related to them being raised by other gang bangers in neighborhoods where cops treat everyone like they're dirt rather then human beings.

It's a parenting thing, or absence thereof! Your inference that society is in some manner responsible for the reason these people are the criminal parasites they are is what is unbelievable. A dad that stays in the home and is a role model for the kids would be a good place to start. Coming to America legally would be another.

As for my comment regarding utilizing the military, gangbangers, drug dealers, thieves and murderers are the only ones in society that "wipe their ass" with the constitution daily. If a person is a hardworking, honest, taxpaying, law abiding citizen who winds up killing one of these vermin in self defense or in defense of his family all of the liberal elite rush to crucify the good guy in this equation.

As far as your being a disabled veteran, I meant you no disrespect as you are obviously an honorable person who served your country. It just seems contradictory for you to have the personal ability to serve in the most honorable role on earth yet at the same time not expect people to accept responsibility for their actions.

Another disgusting element is the default extension of the Bill of Rights to illegal aliens. As far as I'm concerned if you aren't here legally you should have only the right to leave and return legally.

It's a parenting thing, or absence thereof! Your inference that society is in some manner responsible for the reason these people are the criminal parasites they are is what is unbelievable. A dad that stays in the home and is a role model for the kids would be a good place to start. Coming to America legally would be another.

It's not always strictly a parenting thing, though. I was born and raised in the Los Angeles area, growing up in gang ridden areas until I was in my mid teens. My parents were hardly ever around due to going to school and working to keep me fed. Yet I still turned out fine, while other friends - who were a lot better off then me - ended up going to the dogs because of drug addictions.

It's a combination of both how society perceives you when your family isn't well off AND bad parenting.

There are certain areas out here that cops won't even visit, when they're the areas that need the most attention out of all. So what are we supposed to do with the children being raised there? It's not their fault their parents are degenerate drug addicts who have been forgotten by everyone but the other degenerates in their neighborhood.

If some one has the potential of quitting a drug addiction and contributing to society again, rather then continuing to burden it by going in and out of jails at 500 dollars a day. Then why not put that 500 dollars a day to better use? Hell we're the ones paying for it, not the government.

I'm not saying people deserve a free ride in life, but there are way way way more productive ways we could be dealing with diseases that plague American society such as drug addiction, alcoholism and depression. A lot of these people have been at it so long that they've lost their humanity and forgotten what it feels like to be self motivating.

Empathy is a more powerful tool, in my opinion.

As for my comment regarding utilizing the military, gangbangers, drug dealers, thieves and murderers are the only ones in society that "wipe their ass" with the constitution daily. If a person is a hardworking, honest, taxpaying, law abiding citizen who winds up killing one of these vermin in self defense or in defense of his family all of the liberal elite rush to crucify the good guy in this equation.

In my opinion if some one's on your property or threatening your family you've got every right in the world to defend them, if that means killing some one then so be it. Real life doesn't run on hippy dust and pipe dreams.

As far as your being a disabled veteran, I meant you no disrespect as you are obviously an honorable person who served your country. It just seems contradictory for you to have the personal ability to serve in the most honorable role on earth yet at the same time not expect people to accept responsibility for their actions.

Everyone should be held responsible for their actions. One of the reasons this country is starting to decline is that not everyone is held responsible for their actions. I've seen plenty of ex gang members, and drug addicts completely reform after paying their dues in the military - because they were given the opportunity - something they never had before turning 17.

Another disgusting element is the default extension of the Bill of Rights to illegal aliens. As far as I'm concerned if you aren't here legally you should have only the right to leave and return legally.

Living in Southern California I deal with illegals all day every day, it completely sucks. Employer's caught hiring illegals should have their company's shut down for a year or be fined huge amounts - period. The only way we're going to cut out all of this business is eliminating the jobs. This country is founded on people being over to come here and start a new life, though. I know some guys who have been waiting on their citizenship for over 5 years, while some one else merely hops the border and waits outside of a Home Depot for some one who wants to work them like a dog at cheap wages.

We need to address the immigration process, as well. It takes entirely too long to gain citizenship in a country that's supposed to be based around diversity.

You know Cap, when you discuss medicine, you can be inspiring. When you discuss anything else you mostly come off as a dumb redneck.

Disagree with an opinion? State so clearly. The above response to an intelligent post is straight off of the Jeff Foxworthy’s “How to look like an inbred hick” list of 20 ways to look like a ‘Smart Feller’. The problem is you only look smart as long as you’re careful to stay within your own little community of redneck ignorance.

Your way? “Doing the same idiotic thing (prison) over and over because it makes me FEEL GOOD, so it must be right! Let’s all us good ol’ boys ignore the fact that it fails nearly 90% of the time! YeeeeeHaaaaaa.”

If you practice medicine the same way you consider societal reform then you’re the biggest poser on this site…

The people are rarely rehabilitated (bold added by Dwayne) and continue taking and taking from society until someone kills them. Hopefully its their scumbag friends that kill them and then get charged with the murder (a two for one special) The best scenario is they both die in a shootout that doesnt involve anyone else. EMS brings out the handy dandy ziplock disaster pouch and for a moment in time things are better, but only until another looser takes their place.

Idiotic. But it does allow you to be lazy and simply spew the same old tired line of “Look at me! Isn’t my disregard to intelligent thought and human life just macho as hell!”

Do us all a favor. Take a psych class. Learn how people and societies work and give all this crap a rest. No one over the age of 18, (at least without a shaved head) that truly wants to resolve these problems before their kids have to deal with them, is jumping on board with nonsense.

And should this happen…shouldn’t we start with your house? I mean, you’re the one trumpeting murder, prison, and uneducated macho crap. Wouldn’t it make sense to start there so we are left with those that want to take an educated approach to resolving some very dire issues as opposed to the emotional emesis that has been failing for centuries?

B.F. Skinner, a gazillion years ago talked about the 'Autonomous man theory'. He claimed that "good" people would never allow for the fact the 'nurture' played a part in people being 'bad', thus not completely at fault and for their behavior and therby fixable, because they would then have to admit that they were not completely responsible for being 'good'.

You are the embodiment of the ignorance he was predicting. Read a book. Take a class. Quit looking silly in these discussions.

Dwayne

As for the guy that said just use a knife here is some food for thought. A knife is not the best SD weapon to begin with. If you have no training in true knife fighting techniques that you're even more at a disadvantage. I say this and I am a collector of decent knives. I usually carry 2 on me at all times. The difference is I know their limitations. One is better than open hand but there are way better things that you don't have to get so in close with. (all mentioned above)

Now think about this. You are carrying a knife in the small of your back. What happens if you fall on your back with it there during your fight?

#1 WHOOPS!!! there goes your idea for SD and you can't get to it because there is some whackjob on top of you trying to kill you.

#2 Hey why can't I feel my legs? Oh yeah thats right you run the risk of a spinal injury too because now you have your bodyweight falling on this area that isn't flat with the rest of your body so all the force of the fall is concentrated there. So now you're even less able to defend yourself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.