Post your STEMI

Trauma612

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stemi1hz2.th.jpg

Had this late last year. 61yom - could see he was having an MI as soon as we walked through the door, no need for monitor! Classic signs and symptoms right down to the "sense of impending doom".

Oxygen, 300mg Aspirin, 2mg Buccal GTN, IV access, 10mg Morphine, 5000u Heparin and 9000u Tenectaplase then transferred to local Coronary Care Unit.

Call to needle time of 12 minutes!

I checked back on this guy about 6 hours later and he was sat having a meal, pain free and looking well. ST changes had almost reverted. As far as I am aware, he was transferred for salvage PPCI.

As of 1st Jan, we can now directly admit for PPCI as the Hospital that performs it has now extended it's catchment area.

Looking at the ECG, yes I maybe should have done a R side. I chose not to as the Systolic BP was 137mm/hg. This only dropped to 130 with GTN and Morphine over the short (< 0.5mile) journey to the Hospital.

I guess if the patient was hypotensive or if it was going to be a longer run into the Hospital, I would have done that R side ECG. I'm kicking myself for not doing it though....just for completion.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.