SOB trach pt scenario

shannon710

ok we went from a post on Jan 10 to a new post on March 2.

This leads to a suggestion to all who post scenarios.

If you post a scenario you better be available to answer questions about it. You put yourself out as a scenario expert and when you don't respond to the questions from the group it makes you look incompetent.

so bottom line, if you post a scenario please stick around until the scenario has reached it's logical conclusion. There have been a number of scenarios posted with responses for a while and then the original poster vanishes leaving those who replied in the dark.

ZACTLY!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ventmedic -

No, you didn't offend me, I felt like I was being attacked a little bit with the first few questions. All is good though. A few classmates where being a.......s earlier so I was a little ticked when I read the post. Yea, the tip about using the adapter from an ETT we were told by our instructors. Great idea!

tniuqs -

My grandfather got his trach out after a month of having it. He had issues after a surgery that required them to put it in, since they didn't want to have him tubed for a long period. I did get a chance to look at his and it didn't have the inner sleeve. That one they had to just suction since it was stitched to his neck. We have been told stories by our paramedic instructors about calls where they respond and the nurse or family member panicked and called 911. So I have come to understand that even though someone is trained or educated in something doesn't mean they won't panic and call for the ambulance, as I am sure you have seen for other situations.

It's too bad we didn't get anymore info for the scenario. These are fun and a good learning tool for me!

Be safe

Ames