Bad time for Fla firefighter wanna be's

boeingb13

I issued a challenge a while back for someone to provide an example of just one private company that offers good pay, good working hours, good retirement, good equipment, and interestingly, to date no one accepted the challenge. I have never, NEVER, seen a private company that could remotely compare to most local government or fire based services. Given that you feel empowered to state that xgldcrossemt's post was "entirely wrong" I figure you are up to the challenge.

Ahhh...wipe your eyes, m'kay? I'm not even sure why you're so pissy about this. Does the pay at a private ambulance service suck? Yeah, quite often. Does it always? Nope. In fact sometimes it can be downright decent. Maybe not on the east cost, but over here... :D

AMR-Portland...starting wage I couldn't tell you, but after 2 years it's about $18/hr with anything over 8 hours straight being time and a half.

Mercy Flights (yes, they are ground based too)...don't know about now, but when I was looking at them starting pay was around $17 or 18/hr.

Cal-Ore Lifeflight (and still ground based)...less, but not by much from what I remember.

Murder Death...annual pay of about 38K to 60K, without overtime.

Now, are all of these payrates great? Not really. Are they better than some places that pay next to nothing? Yes. Does this mean that saying that pay for privates sucks isn't entirely accurate all the time (like I said above)? Yes. Are third-services the way to go? Sure. Does this change anything that I've said in either post? Nope.

Now tell me again, why are you bitching?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.