Portage College

mobey

Make sure you have some, if not alot of ALS experience. So I would say be working full time with an ALS service. If you can't then make friends with some paramedics that you can go to if you have questions that need to be answered right away. You have to remember this is a distance learning so alot of time studying and learning on your own without alot of pointers day to day. You must be self motivated and make sure you have a schedule for yourself and to stick to it.

Its a good program if your looking for a way of going to school and being able to pay your bills at the sametime. I'm sure theres people that will tell you different but what ditance program you pick is up to you.

Well i've only heard good things about the portage program, if you can learn distance which is how i learn the best. I took my EMT through them and now i'm actually starting on Jan. 14th for my EMT-P. If your not in my class PM me and i can let you know how it works out.

I know it works well to be able to work full time, as i will be because we're only in class a few times every 2 months. (in the first year anyway.)

Yeah i would have waited another year if it was a full time course but i'm doing ALS while going to school and the service i'm with is working with will work around it. I know that usually the classes are of mature students (30's 40's) mostly parents etc that cant take a full time course. But for me its convince of being able to work and that i learn better distance.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.