Stupid people tricks (or the Darwin factor)

WANTYNU

How did you see his bruised butt if you already had him on the board? Was it before he rolled over as you were walking up? Did you unstrap him and roll him, and at what point did you get him "trauma naked" ? Before you slipped the board under him or while you were looking at his bruised butt?

I guess he mistimed his last jump, or didn’t jump out the way fast enough, he was struck by two cars, and run over by the third (a full sized ford explorer, air bags deployed), When I got to him, all I saw was a bare ass sticking up in the rear wheel well, between the front and rear tires (why do their pants always seem to come off?). Head under the driveshaft, legs out towards the road.

My question is this….if he’s stuck in the wheel well, how did he simply ‘turns over as if he’s working on the car’, and secondly, why the attending crew actually allowed that to happen…..

Secondly, if he’s underneath the vehicle, how did you put him in a backboard without risking spinal/C-spine injuries, or exacerbating any possible internal injuries?

8 mins to trauma and they couldnt find and fix massive internal injuries that lasted a day until he died.

Doesn’t sound like a place I’d want to go if I get into an MVA!

Between that and the big speed limit discrepancy - I may have to call "Shananigins" on this "Case one" :evil:

I’m thinking there may be more ‘reasons’ to call shenanigans here!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember: 186,000 miles per second squared, is not just a good idea, it’s the LAW!

Not to be too nitpicky, but this is incorrect.

The speed of light is currently accepted to be approximately 186,000 miles per second (or 300,000 kilometers per second). That figure is not squared.

Just throwing that out there.

-be safe

Not to be too nitpicky, but this is incorrect.

Pretty nitpicky anyway,

But for the facts sake you are correct, there is no square in the formula, good catch (if it’s any defense, I did mean to take it out, but missed it on my read through before I posted).

I hope the humor of this post was not lost in the writing, I was thinking the criticisms were pretty inane.

Thanks again for the catch, I’ll correct it right away.

Best and be safe,

WANTYNU

So to recap, I’m sorry I just didn’t notice you guys on the Job at the time, you must have been watching carefully, to suspect “shananigins” (btw spelled shenanigans) but who am I to comment….

When there is a glaring discrepancy, one has to speak out so that clarification may be made.

Did you stop to think that the reason we're asking questions is because we weren't on scene, and you haven’t been articulate enough to give enough information to prevent such questions from being asked?

So a couple of answers:

ESU was on the way for extraction of the pin job, however like I said, first glance butt up (already disrobed…) then he rolled on his back, time enough to note butt bruise…., but now he is no longer a pin job, he is a lying under the car job, so what do you do?, what do you do?… (Movie reference response here please {10 trivia points…}), wait 15 to 45 minutes for ESU to arrive, setup, and lift the car off of him, or crawl under car, slide him onto the back board, move backboard onto bus, do stuff on way to hospital, I know a difficult choice, silly me, I opted not to wait, as I was hungry and wanted to get a burger….

Please don’t ask if I swabbed clockwise or counterclockwise before I dropped the line (I used the sublingual method).

I'm not familiar with NYC operations styles or methods, so I cannot comment on how long to wait for ESU to show up. Was the Fire Department on scene? What equipment do they normally carry?

I know that on the department I belonged to, we had an engine that was set up specifically for extrications (Hurst jaws of life, cribbing material, rams, etc)

Secondly, I don't know if there were any tow trucks on scene either, which could have been used to raise the back of the vehicle high enough to log roll the pt onto the LSB properly....

Your justification for 'hungry and wanting a burger' seems a bit self centered and makes it sound like you're willing to cut corners in patient care in lieu of personal desires. I personally would think that the burger could wait, so that proper patient care could be rendered.....

Secondly, you stated that you used the ‘sublingual method’ to swab the area before ‘dropping a line’…did you swab the area with the underside of your tongue, or did your partner?

I hope this answers your questions, or not, the idea of the thread was to share stories of actual jobs worked, where you had to ask yourself what was this person thinking….

Not to arm chair quarterback from the back of the room a job you could have no possible ability to judge all the right and wrong moves based on a few words of text outlining the BIG PICTURE…

But hey, as always IMHO.

Be Safe,

WANTYNU

One would think that it’s the responsibility of the person doing the sharing to do so in an intelligent manner, and failure to do so will result in questions being asked, and comments being made!

All in all, all you can say is that people never fail to amaze ya. Just when you think you've seen it all, someone pulls another stunt. :roll:

My friend had a call recently where a girl wanted to commit suicide...BAD!!! She took a bunch of pills, alcohol, and smoked crack. The handful of pills didn't kill her so she sliced her neck. She didn't die...so she sliced each arm from wrist up the forearm to the bone and sat in a tub of water. 12 hours have elapsed now and her family finds her alive but out cold in a tub of water. They call 911 and take her to the hospital having to start an IO due to lack of access. Some people just aren't meant to die.....

NOW...

Enjoy the STORY!!!! This post is for this thread and meant to be enjoyed....I do not know any other details of the case. Not how much water was in the tub, what the pills were, what type of IO used, what color her hair was, if she was extracted by a special team of experts that without would harm the patient, or whatever other mundane details that nitpickers need to know.

I do not know any other details of the case. Not how much water was in the tub, what the pills were, what type of IO used, what color her hair was, if she was extracted by a special team of experts that without would harm the patient, or whatever other mundane details that nitpickers need to know.

Yes but how fast was the ambulance driving to the hospital. :evil:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.