A very short scenario...

DwayneEMTP

Dwayne, I know you are still going through class, don't argue with me, and then when you think I am right, pull the, "Oh I'm just a student yet" card to look for sympathy, and or to try to make me look bad! I see right through you!!

All you really need to do to put me, or any of the others in our places?

Answer some of the questions asked instead of ranting like a child.

You don't see me at all if you believe I'm looking for sympathy, because I came into this discussion prepared to be WRONG! I'm ok with it, I expect it to happen on a regular basis.

I've been one of the only people standing up for you and your whiney, ignorant posts...Just answer the questions fire...and let's move on.

Did you read the scenario?

And if so, how many cyanotic patients have you had with sats in the 90's?

Pretty simple really...

Dwayne

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CONTENT REMOVED - ADMIN

My guess is you have never done a decompression, maybe never even seen it done. I have had patients awake, good vitals but having difficulty breathing. Explained it would be painful but the relief would be worth it. Patients all said it hurt just about the same as getting an IV and that they felt so much better being able to take a deep breath it was worth it. You really need to stop attacking people with different opinions. State and back up your opinions then discuss as a professional, then you and us might just learn from each other.

IF THEIR SATS ARE IN THE HIGH 90S, THEN THEY PROBABLY ARENT GOING TO BE CYANOTIC. Whoever gave you this piss poor senario should wait in line behind you to finish CLASS!!!

Here is a perfect example....defending you. Once again I was wrong.

CONTENT REMOVED - ADMIN

Dwayne

IF THEIR SATS ARE IN THE HIGH 90S, THEN THEY PROBABLY ARENT GOING TO BE CYANOTIC. Whoever gave you this piss poor senario should wait in line behind you to finish CLASS!!!

I've had patient SATS 95%+ and cyanotic. Treat the patient, not the machine or protocols.

I asked NOTHING of you, and could care-less who stands up for ME! I know this, I devote everyday learning as MUCH as I can about my job to better treat my community!! If I come off cocky, I don't mean to.... I would call it confidence!!! And no, unless there is some disease process going on, high flow 02 usually pinks them up!!!

spenec, your full of it!!! Anyone can say anything on this site to make someone's previous post look bad. A person with a sat of 95 is NOT going to be cyanotic!!! Check your pulse ox my friend!! Lets look this over 95% sats probably meen that each heme molocule is almost full of 02, which would make it bright red, NOT BLUE. HMMM..... if all of those heme mols are all almost full, and are likely to be nice and red, then I would guess that the pt is NOT blue ](*,)

spenec, your full of it!!! Anyone can say anything on this site to make someone's previous post look bad. A person with a sat of 95 is NOT going to be cyanotic!!! Check your pulse ox my friend!! Lets look this over 95% sats probably meen that each heme molocule is almost full of 02, which would make it bright red, NOT BLUE. HMMM..... if all of those heme mols are all almost full, and are likely to be nice and red, then I would guess that the pt is NOT blue ](*,)

Tell that to my niece that even has good blood gas levels at hospital but ends up cyanotic, and ends up hospitalized long periods of time. You obviously have no experience. In the ambulance I have seen it many times confirmed with multiple pulse ox's on different fingers on both hands and both ears.

This is becoming the best thread ever! B) The initial senario never included a sat, didn't need to. I'm not sure why you are so hung up on the numbers. This was a hypoxic pt moving no air, with a tight chest with no compliance. There are only a few possibilities as to why, all of which were mentioned.