My first American Nursing Home

akroeze

... I ... hereby invite you to my home for beaver tails and poutine.

Trying for the politeness factor, I know of the water damming creature known as a beaver, which has a tail, but what in the world is/are "poutine"?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, my friend, "Beaver Tails" and "Zeppolis"? "Funnel Cake" and Navajo "Fry Bread"?

Kind of follows a statement I wish I had originated, that the world, for all it's differences, has at least one thing internationally in common: some kind of fried bread concoction.

I think I would rather burn to death slowly than finish my days in one of those "piss holes" At least you would know the end was near and perhaps a wonderful medic with fentanyl or dilaudid would stop your suffering.

How horrible it must be to be treated terribly and charged five grand a month for it! I am certain there is a special place in hell for bad nursing home employees such as the ones you encountered!

• 2 years later...

I think I would rather burn to death slowly than finish my days in one of those "piss holes" At least you would know the end was near and perhaps a wonderful medic with fentanyl or dilaudid would stop your suffering.

How horrible it must be to be treated terribly and charged five grand a month for it! I am certain there is a special place in hell for bad nursing home employees such as the ones you encountered!

Speaking as a CNA who has worked a few shifts in nursing homes - I agree that the nurse described by the OP sounds awful. However, sometimes the nurses and CNAs are doing the best they can, and are overloaded with too many patients, constantly running back and forth trying to get everything done, and really ending up only able to provide the minimum of care because the facility is understaffed.

Edited by Floridastudent

For the record, yes, all Canadians are polite, I have never met a rude Canadian in my life eh!

*Note, Montrealieans or Quebecites do not count as they are NOT Canadian lol

My best friend is a Canadian, but he's an ass. Therefore, I must disagree with your assessment. :D

Take care,

chbare.

Canadian ass is good.

As for the NH thing, I think the rudeness is the key point here, not the conditions. And that is more common to New Yorkers and Michiganites overall than to nursing homes in general. Location, location, location.

Edited by Dustdevil

Canadian ass is good.

As for the NH thing, I think the rudeness is the key point here, not the conditions. And that is more common to New Yorkers and Michiganites overall than to nursing homes in general. Location, location, location.

Let's not forget South Florida which is commonly referred to as the 6th bourough of NY. Then we have a place known as Little Quebec. Mix a few European and South American attitudes in there and you might say I have the best and worst of it all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.