Megan780

Why don't you watch hockey?  

3 members have voted

1. 1.

• I do, it's the greatest sport ever!
    • I hate it, it's so boring!
    • I like other sports only.
    • It's ok, but I don't watch it.

Go Stars. Stomp the canucks. Red wings suck. I like hockey. Did not answer poll because no option given to watch sometimes.

I think in the USA most just do not understand it. We all grew up playing and watching football ( not what the rest of the world calls football but what we call soccer but NFL style ).We stay with what we know.

Another problem is the marketing in the USA, where is it. Beyond Wayne most cannot name another hockey player past or present. Since the stupid strike what fan base was developing was lost.

Hope that helps answer.

Unless theres a really good fight with injurys, hockey is hardly ever mentioned on the news my area. Before the strike/lockout/whatever hockey had decent ratings not great but still some networks would show it. Now it is only on one channel very rarely. I honestly no longer even know who is on the Stars because it is so hard to get games. That stoppage killed it in the USA.

You can't really appreciate hockey until you have seen it live. Right down on the boards with a face smashed on the other side of the glass. Teams should hand out some free tickets to grade school kids. Have them drag their parents to a game. That might do the trick.

PC