EMT-CC to EMT-P

Jacobg55

As far as I am aware, no one, and God knows I looked.

You are better doing the course from scratch anyway, as it will get you into the Paramedic way of thinking, i.e. more assessment, from the outset. The bonus is, if you were any good as a CC, you will already know intubation, IV access, at least half of cardiology, some of the pharmacology, a little drug math, and a soupcon of advanced patient assessment.

CC should never be seen as anything other than a stepping stone to Paramedic. Good little course, but with it's limitations

CC should never be seen as anything other than a stepping stone to Paramedic. Good little course, but with it's limitations

Good post, Scott. But I disagree a little with that particular statement.

CC should not be seen as a stepping stone to Paramedic. In fact, that mistaken assumption is exactly what lead to this guy being stuck in the position he is to begin with. CC should be seen as nothing more than a half-step instead of Paramedic. Those who are seriously committed to being a Paramedic from the outset should focus on doing exactly that, instead of taking these pointless half-steps that do nothing to get them to their goal.

EMT-CC is for critical care. It is the level between EMT and EMT-P in NYS.

Its actually between an EMT-I & EMT-P. They can give most meds we can and do most procedures but usually have to have online med control to do alot of things.

In most parts of NY they are phasing out the EMT-I. There really is no need for this level of care anymore, at least that's what I've been told.

Seriously, as a EMT-CC, my education left ALOT to be desired. In the class we were taught when to give the meds, not really why.

Most of the things I've learned I've picked up from other providers or through reading massive amounts. Thank God I'm proactive with my education, otherwise I wouldn't know half of what I do.

I plan to do Paramedic someday, but right now I'm preoccupied with school and 2 jobs. Someday though.