How good is the Big Shears Stethoscope? Valient II

BoiledEgg

I'm hearing some conflicting information about how good the stethoscope offered by Big Shears is. I'm going to be getting it for my sister who is going to start rotations for medical school. She currently has a Littman Lightweight II SE. What I would like is to get her something as close as possible to the Littman Cardiology III.

Anyone with firsthand experiences able to provide some sort of comparison or review?

Thanks so much!

A girl I work with sells ultrascopes and I ordered one and it works well for me, at least for how much I use it (I do transport primarily with little EMS when local volunteers do not get their trucks out).

When I complete my paramedic course next year I do plan on purchasing a Littman.

Is there any particular model Littman (or any other brand) that is good for when I complete my paramedic in about 2 years?

I have the Big Shears one and a Master Cardiology.

The Big Shears is heavy and the ear pieces seem to fall off too easy but all in all it's not a bad stethoscope.

The Master Cardiology is lighter and I like the acoustics better.

I got my Master Cardiology from Lights and Sirens Medical for a great price and great shipping.

http://www.lightssirensmedical.com/

Steve

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.