Being a Driver?

Jenke88

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC64;

My post was being facetious.

The only time I like just driving is when I worked lizard slinging, cause they all stunk to high heaven, and there is no challenge to B(L)S interfacility.

I like being into back, especially on a tough call where its the Medic and I working our asses off to deliver the pt alive.

I just HATE writing. With a passion

The only time I like just driving is when I worked lizard slinging, cause they all stunk to high heaven, and there is no challenge to B(L)S interfacility.

soap.gif

You know those "lizards" are human beings. They are someones mother, father, grandfather, grandmother, brother or sister. They have lived through the Depression, WWII, Vietnam, and a 1,000 things you will never know. That elderly man might have been a Medic at Bastogne or a Teacher that was loved by his students. That elderly lady might have worked at Boeing during WWII and helped build planes that won the war. She might have been the mother of a soldier killed in Vietnam.

My point is that these people are not happy being "stinky" and old. They are proud people who deserve our respect. Would you want someone referring to your Grandmother as a lizard?

It's time for EMS to grow the f*ck up and quit using derogatory terms when referring to the elderly, they deserve a sh*t load more respect than that.

Off Soapbox

soap.gif

You know those "lizards" are human beings. They are someones mother, father, grandfather, grandmother, brother or sister. They have lived through the Depression, WWII, Vietnam, and a 1,000 things you will never know. That elderly man might have been a Medic at Bastogne or a Teacher that was loved by his students. That elderly lady might have worked at Boeing during WWII and helped build planes that won the war. She might have been the mother of a soldier killed in Vietnam.

My point is that these people are not happy being "stinky" and old. They are proud people who deserve our respect. Would you want someone referring to your Grandmother as a lizard?

It's time for EMS to grow the f*ck up and quit using derogatory terms when referring to the elderly, they deserve a sh*t load more respect than that.

Off Soapbox

What do you call a new born? A slime ball. Yes we have names for all levels. No disrespect is intended but is done to help us avoid angering that big old hippo if we were to use names in our gripes.

In person even the pure BS tax money waster still should be treated with the respect we would want our family ( the part we like that is :wink: ) to receive.

The new PA Protocols require 2 EMTs on a BLS truck.

I have read it, and agree with it. I just don't see it happening.

Some services come in from over the river (west), or through the woods (east) to our hospital. Frequently on 911 calls, there is an EMT with the patient, and an old guy (60+) with a fire company hat, driving. The driver is lucky to have a CPR card.

Scary.

Regardless of stupid laws I stand by my first statement.

"Please do not enter our health care profession with the goal of driving ambulance. We only want people interested in becoming health care professionals. Can we help you to see what is involved in being a health care professional? "

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.