what should i do

dolphengirl

hello all i am haveing a hard time this year i am a vol emt since 2001 we have about 90-125 calls a year any way i have tryed going to every one when i can we have no schedual or any thing well i feel like i am getting burned out i have also fought non stope with 2 fello emts on our department i haven't beeen going on calles lattley and now the are griping of why im not responding for almost 6 years they have really pushed me to not be so involved and now that im not they are made that im not going on calles please help need info thank you ps i also still love helping people but i could just as easly spit on them thank you for your time :?

A serious tip for this website:

Use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. When you post one big red paragraph with misspelling and punctuation, it's hard to read, and people just skip over it, instead of sitting there trying to make sense of it.

To get a better reply, I'd edit your post and retype it all nice ;) It gives us a better impression of you, too. :)

I have to agree with Anthony, that paragraph was very difficult to read.

Im having a hard time understanding why they are giving you a hard time for not responding. 90 to 125 calls a year is nothing, in comparison to some. The agency that I am doing my field internship with does that in a day maybe a day and a half.

Its hard to keep skills up when you run that few calls. Arguing and fighting with fellow volunteers doesnt accomplish anything either, you need to resolve the issues that you are having with them. If you cant make a call, you cant make a call.

Having a schedule may help too. Take the list of people, take a monthly calendar and start talking to people about what days they might like to take calls. Then take it to your chief. If your going to present a problem, you need to present a solution to that problem. It might help alleviate some of the tensions as well. If everyone pulls together, then the problems should disappear.

That's one of the longest sentences I've ever seen in my life!!! [-X Anthony is right, please use correct grammer, punctuation, etc. It makes it very difficult to read and understand when you don't. Spellcheck is your friend =D>

Well, as for your situation. I don't know much about it based on what you said but it sounds like you're letting them get to you which means they've won. If you know you're okay, then nothing that they say or do should make any difference to you. Ignore them and go on with your life. If you enjoy what you're doing, then keep doing it. If you feel burnt out, then stop. Seems simple to me. Good luck to ya :)

While I feel strongly that all volunteer services should go paid, I also feel that those that choose to stay should insist that the service be run in a professional manner. You must set an example by acting in a professional manner even when posting on a forum. Find your services by-laws and read them. Work with-in those rules to force a more professional attitude. Then work to convert over to a true professional paid department.

ok since we cannot correct the grammar let's get to the nitty gritty of this posters issue

She is angry and she is refusing to go on calls because she's fighting with a couple of people on her squad.

She is burned out because she has been doing this for 6 years with what seems like no help from her coworkers.

She is mad and doesn't like patients much or she wouldn't have made the statement that she was going to spit on them.

My advice to this person is to remove herself from the situation that has her so angry. I would also suggest that if you are so mad at the patients that you could spit on them that maybe you re-evaluate if you are really cut out for EMS and taking care of patients.

If you think that you can still take care of patients without spitting on them then a break is still in order.

Oh Ok. Deleting posts.

You are right, everyone is awful. You are great. Big meanies mad at you because you want to spit on patients. Welcome to the city. We pander to the lowest common denominator.

Why are you picking on OP, sounds like they need encouragement, you big meanie.