How do we inspire others Re: Book learnin

mobey

I think you know the answer to that statement. There is no way she's gonna accede and say you were right.

Yeah, the longer people are in the field, the more convinced they become that they actually know wtf they are doing, even if it is not the case.

Just look at me! :lol:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from a fairly simple little trauma call. 25 y/o male hit by a tractor at slow speed. The guy got bumped in the hip by the bucket tractor and was c/o hip pain. .

What I want to know is how this healthy 25year old wasn't able to get out of the way.

I've been a medic for 17 years and I know slow when I see it.

The patient might qualify for the rock award since he couldn't get out of the way of a truck going at such a slow speed.

I think a 100 page report on all forms of shock and how it affects all organs all the way to the cellular level should be a part of every school.
Dude, do you know how effing boring that would be!? Come on, I love academics, but writing that much on any topics makes me start freaking hating that topic. After senior comps, you end up hating your topic.

Anthony try writing a 150 page paper on White Collar Crime and it's link to orgainzed crime.

I wrote that paper for my Bachelor of Arts degree final class. It was a whopper.

It was also scary as there were some issues that came up writing it. I met some really "interesting in a scary way" people.

But I got an A

What I want to know is how this healthy 25year old wasn't able to get out of the way.

Meh... he probably never saw or heard it coming.

Remember, this is Canadia. They have a lot of problems with their hearing and peripheral vision up there for some strange reason.

eskimo-family-600.jpg

Heh, been there with the paper.

At least with organized crime it's interesting in a different way...100 pages of rewriting science stuff in your own words, yet including enough detail (with citations) so it fills 100 pages, is a freaking nightmare.

my instructor had a couple of good friends with let's just say some less than honorable intentions for the community. I met them as well as a few other more unsavory people. Always with my instructor in tow to lend credence to the paper's origen. As a matter of fact, my instructor singled me out to write this particular topic. Other students were given other topics.

Needless to say I had input from mafia members, input from federal and local prosecutors and input from Federal judges overseeing racketeering trials.

150 pages with references took me the entire semester to write. I still have it somewhere at my parents house.

I've been a medic for 17 years and I know slow when I see it.

The patient might qualify for the rock award since he couldn't get out of the way of a truck going at such a slow speed.

He was standing beside a fire truck with front mount pump screaming away. I think the real idiot is the farmer...bright yellow gear must be hard to see with all those black charred bales around. :roll:

well there is that.

you get a bunch of flames, some red and yellow lights and a lot of emergency vehicles and people just go blind.

If the fireman was wearing bright orange instead of Yellow maybe that might have made a difference.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.