Want to draw up Amio without the bubbles?

akroeze

It isn't really that important with Amio I dont think, either. I mean, I wouldn't put it in a 500 bag but I might squirt a little out of a 250 and just give it that way. The point is just to dilute it a little instead of giving one big bolus... It's all going into the vein within 10 minutes anyways, so who cares if it is accompanied by 100, 200, or 138cc of fluid?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all going into the vein within 10 minutes anyways, so who cares if it is accompanied by 100, 200, or 138cc of fluid?

The volume itself may not matter to the patient, but it definitely matters when you are calculating a drip rate. The results are significantly different between the above three volumes.

But my actual point was that it is a lot faster, easier and more accurate to quickly inject an amp of Amio into an already hanging Burette than it is to set up a 100cc piggyback or do a slow, manual push. The choice just seems obvious.

The volume itself may not matter to the patient, but it definitely matters when you are calculating a drip rate. The results are significantly different between the above three volumes.

But my actual point was that it is a lot faster, easier and more accurate to quickly inject an amp of Amio into an already hanging Burette than it is to set up a 100cc piggyback or do a slow, manual push. The choice just seems obvious.

AHHhh yes, the slow manual push!.... .25mg----------- .25-----------.25---------- (pot hole) .5mg :lol:

50 and 100 bags find there way in my pocket if I see them laying around someplace but we don't stock them.. wish we did. and I have done the Burette a few time's with good success. I just hate having one hand married for ten minutes with the push.

We have to put it on a pump, therefore I predict Amio will be the least-used EMS drug in state history. I can't think of many fire departments that are going to shell out for a pump for every truck. "Just give 'em the Lido bolus, you don't have to call for it and you'll be there in 5 minutes anyway. I'm not asking the city for a 3-grand pump you'll never use."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.