Admin of a Controled substance

medic53226

I would like some insight on how you fellow directors or supervisor would handle a problem that came about on a pt in my county.

We had a crew respond to a accident, in which the pt was still alive and breathing on their own but shallow. The crew that found the pt decided to intubate, but pt was clinched. We don't have a protocol for RSI, but since he was combative they followed the that protocol and the respiratory distress protocol. However, 3 medics responded 2 on duty on off duty put on by the supervisor. The 1st paramedic on duty choose to have 1 medic give 10 mg of valium, which is in protocol but, the other two medics gave 10 mgs also so this pt got a total of 30 mg of valium. Due to the pts injuries the pt died at arrival to the trauma 1 hospital. My problem accures because as protocol medical control has reviewed, but 2 of the 3 medics have went to rival services, but use the same protocols. This is a vilation of protocol and the state has advised to inform the and we did, but little or no response. I would like your insight on how you may have or would handle this problem.

My problem accures because as protocol medical control has reviewed, but 2 of the 3 medics have went to rival services,
Mind editing it for grammar, sentence structure, and clarity? I think you'll get a lot more replies to your problem and not as many posts asking for clarification that way.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.