Teachers and cell phones

As far as not getting a bathroom break. Get called in the middle of the night, pick up your patient and transport 90 miles, then you'll know full exploding bladder.

A good partner will keep the patient distracted while you use their bathroom. :cry:

Or pull over during that long trip to "check that tire" that is making the funny noise. After all, you don't want to risk a blowout! :lol:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good partner will keep the patient distracted while you use their bathroom. :cry:

Or pull over during that long trip to "check that tire" that is making the funny noise. After all, you don't want to risk a blowout! :lol:

We do have more tire problems that need checked than most services, just surprisingly we never find anything wrong but it seems to ride better after the stop :lol: . Or we'll decide we need to run another 12 lead, get a more accurate BP check, etc.

At 17 I'm not sure what level of education you're at. High school or college?

Though for me it doesn't really matter. Your teacher is responsible for much more than what comes out of their mouths. They are responsible to set a professional example for students. I don't care what level of education that falls under.

But that's just me...

Dwayne

Your answers are very good; however, they may be a little misguided depending on the university.

My experience has been that universities are EXTREMELY political machines with little interest in hearing you complain. Professors who act unprofessional are usually one of two things:

1. Part-time staff that were dragged or begged to teach in the first place. They aren't there because they want to teach, so much as because of beer money. This is especially true of professionals with terminal degrees only because it is required of their profession.

Ex: My roommates have had continuous problems with their accounting classes being taught by uncaring dicks. They're all CPAs.

2. Tenured professors. Tenure= untouchable. In most instances, outside of sexual harassment or flat murdering someone, these professors are not getting fired anytime soon. It takes a fairly large majority, or in some cases unanimous approval, from a group of peers within their respective college.

There are formal procedures within each school for dealing with unprofessional conduct, but be prepared to fight adults as an adult. You need to represent yourself as an adult, paying for an education. Also be willing to go above someone’s head if necessary.

Again, this is totally dependent on the university. I think it has a lot to do with why so very few students ever make formal complaints.

If teachers are allowed to have cell phones on their self for "emergencies" then so should the student and for the exact same reasons. It is rude and disrespectful for those students that are choosing to be in that classroom and paying for their time (ie, Ruff's situation).
At every course I've attended, we've been allowed to have them on us, since high school, for emergency purposes only. Only once were we not allowed to have them even on silent.

Yes our school's rules say that cell phones must be off and out of site. There have been days that I have left mine on silent but that was only because one of my family members was in the hospital and my dad was texting me with updates at lunch.

Cell Phones are awesome, My classes policy is, turn all sound off, if you need to pick up a call, or text or whatever floats your boat step out of the room and back into it quietly.

My medic instructor hasn't picked up his cell phone in class, but he does a lot more concerning inappropriate, unprofessional things. He wears the same clothes 2-3-4 days in a row, he farts in class, and some other things I've noticed that haven't been consistent.

This is now a new post, and I think i will repost it.