MCI in Camrose AB

tniuqs

A huge storm swept through the Camrose area at about 6pm Saturday night. It was a chaotic scene as the main stage collapsed, trapping as many as 120 people.

One woman was crushed by a large speaker that fell. 15 other people were injured, 4 reported to be in critical, life threatening condition.Attendees of the music festival were taken to a nearby building for shelter. They describe a scary situation as lights flickered on and off and the wind howled. Many tried to get messages to loved ones about what had happened but found that cellular phone service was severely restricted.

CTV has a news crew there and will provide more details as they become available.

http://www.canada.com/news/Gallery+Stage+c...3641/story.html

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/276827

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/opinion/rea...3266/story.html

A most excellent job done by CCEMS staff (event coverage and a lot of students) Camrose EMS with Edmonton EMS ... damn proud of them all. :thumbsup:

I was informed that over 20,000 present for the event multiple areas searched by Multiple Fire Dept(s) in under 4 hours, cooperation was just great except for one Alberta Health "I am in charge guy" kinda hard being Incident Commander when your not on site ? whatever there is always one, puffy chest guy.

All patient transported by ground and were in definitive care centers before the flying blood clots showed up despite the news reports.

Kevin Costner narrowly escaped getting squashed, but then HE went to the hospital to assist, always liked Costner ...

Experienced Medical Staff basically came out from every rock to assist, I got in late so just a standby for Edmonton High Angle Tech Team dissemble the stage.

I have got to say ... after witnessing tornadoes and hurricanes this was one of the FASTEST moving storms I have ever seen, I just had enough time to run across the street and hide in a beer freezer .... winds estimated 100 + kms per hour.

post-8540-1249225651_thumb.jpg

cheers

I watched all the newscasts I could last night... I have family in the Camrose area...

I heard from some Edmonton crews that things went well, as well as they could considering the size of the event...

Big cheers to all that worked at that MCI - very very well done!

And squint my dear, why are you surprised that the flying blood clots still managed to get media coverage?

'emtannie'

I watched all the newscasts I could last night... I have family in the Camrose area...

The vast majority of damage occurred @ the site, trailers and such.

I heard from some Edmonton crews that things went well, as well as they could considering the size of the event...

Search called "Collection" then Triage then Treatment and Transport were accomplished as if all EMS were the same operation but sure would be nice if "all communications networks were the same" lets not forget Guardian, Peace Hills, Flagstaff and a few other services that responded a lucky thing this storm did not take more lives actually all considered we got off light with just 21 transported.

Big cheers to all that worked at that MCI - very very well done!

The stage fell apart just before Hollywood actor Kevin Costner was expected to perform with his band, Modern West. His manager, Nick Meinama, said they were stuck underneath the stage but were not hurt."We wiggled our way out," Meinama told CTV News Channel on Sunday. "We found that our road manager and guitar player had been hurt, but the ambulance and the paramedics were here instantly to take them to the hospital."

Looks like "Paramedics" upstaged the uninvited fling wingers this time.

And squint my dear, why are you surprised that the flying blood clots still managed to get media coverage?

pfft and no mention of a fixed wing either (I guess they don't count either) hey lets not forget the Camrose Hospital St Mary's ... they did a great job.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.