• Create Account
Current Chat Room Users
0 users are in Main Room:

Did you know it is free to become a member?  Just click "Create Account" on the top right of this page.

Photo

Resume---EMT job description??

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 stopidrookie

stopidrookie
  • Members
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:27 AM

I have been working at my first EMS job for a little over 7 mths now and am trying to get a part-time job. (I work nights and it really sucks on my off days b/c no one is up...might as well work and make money for RN school)....Anyone have any suggestions on what i should put in my job description as a EMT-I working on a 911 truck? I haven't updated my resume since I got this job and have NOOOO idea what to put for what I do. It seems kinda silly to list a job description as an EMT cause they should know what I do, we are all trained as EMT-Is to do the same thing ....Right?????

PLEASE HELP the rookie!!!! lol

#2 akflightmedic

akflightmedic
  • Moderators
  • 2,180 posts
  • Interests:Learning repeatedly from my past mistakes
Excellent

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:39 AM

EMT-I for xyz ambo services.
Duties involve providing emergency care and transport to the sick and injured, restocking equipment and supplies as needed, ensuring due regard while operating a ambulance at various speeds and weather, preparing and submitting patient care reports.

Change the words any way you see fit as it is not really that difficult. Seems funny that you can not describe your job duties with words....LOL.

#3 stopidrookie

stopidrookie
  • Members
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:38 AM

Thanks. Its just that I have never had to before.

#4 letmesleep

letmesleep
  • Members
  • 391 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:10 PM

It isn't really that funny tho AK, if you think about it. stopidrookie is trying to put together a job description for one of the most insignificant levels of EMS care out there, not a basic and not a medic, just kinda floating around in the middle somewhere.

I don't know maybe thats where you found the humor..............

#5 akflightmedic

akflightmedic
  • Moderators
  • 2,180 posts
  • Interests:Learning repeatedly from my past mistakes
Excellent

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

Slightly out of line letmesleep...if you notice, the poster is from GA.

GA does not recognize basics...if one wishes to work 911 emergencies, they have to be intermediate or higher. So kudos to at least advancing to a level to enter EMS instead of sitting around as a basic and complaining.

Sorry rookie, but the humor I found is at your expense and many people today, who have no clue how to write resumes. I am not picking on you, just explaining what I found funny. It is more sad than funny, but I see it time after time. I am not that old, yet I can not fathom what people are learning or rather NOT learning in high schools today. We simply are not preparing ourselves to enter the world and succeed.

A job description should be so simple. I believe it might be the same info that was in the job description for which you applied, albeit in much more detail, but there nonetheless. Of course you probably did not read your job description when you applied, because we all know what an EMT knows or does...right?

Just sayin...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users