How would you treat this injure?

NYC-EMS

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reposition. Monitor pulses. 14g IV only because no 12's on the truck. Immobilize. Depends on how polite as to whether I pull out the Morphine. :twisted:

As long as people like that breed I have a paycheck.

Stabilize, O2, Monitor, IV, MS or Demerol for pain, castrate and lobotomize pt for the good of society.

Peace,

Marty

Guess you've never been hurt while participating in a sport. I used to race motorcycles, and injuries just went with it. It doesn't mean I was a poor reflection on society, or that I was not intelligent. I'd rather see him doing something like that then out dealing drugs to little kids.

As far as treatment, stabilize as best as possible in position of comfort, routine ALS and morphine for pain control.

Shane

NREMT-P

Shane and Acosell,

Put your Kleenex away. As far as injuring myself in a sport, I played football, Baseball and Soccer. Broken ankle, broken fingers and even broken ribs. The difference is I was...

1. Wearing safety equipment, Shane when you where riding were you wearing a helmet, boots, chest protector?

2. Playing on a field made for the sport.

3. Not damaging public property.

4. Not breaking the law, since most cities it is a crime to do stunts like that on public or private property.

5. If he is excelling in his sport, then he should be in a place made for such sport. Like a skate park and wearing safety equipment.

Jesus Christ do you defend patients who don't wear their seat belts also? How about adults who don't put their kids in safety seats? You excel in a sport by not doing stupid and dangerous stuff. You excel in life by taking the safety precautions available to you.

This little dumb ass didn't even attempt one safety precaution, he was just showing off for the camera. Hey I got an idea, let your kids watch it, let them do it.

Oh finally, it was a joke. :roll:

Peace,

Marty

Guess you've never been hurt while participating in a sport. I used to race motorcycles, and injuries just went with it. It doesn't mean I was a poor reflection on society, or that I was not intelligent. I'd rather see him doing something like that then out dealing drugs to little kids.

As far as treatment, stabilize as best as possible in position of comfort, routine ALS and morphine for pain control.

Shane

NREMT-P

I am glad he's not dealing drugs at that instance. But he is damaging public property and will probably be paid a hefty amount of tax dollars when he sues. I am all for being active but do it at places set aside for it. And please nobody say if they have signs up saying no skateboarding they wont have to pay because they don't work. In all honesty we should not have to put up signs or pay for stupidity.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.