Is it a kick back?

itku2er

Not sure if this goes in this category or not it is EMS related but then again its not. If not Boo will you move it?

Do any of you guys that run for a private service have a contract with the nursing homes in your area for MD appointments, and other nonemergency transports?

If so did you all set a one rate fee for these? I work at a nursing home and we had a contract with one of the local services for this matter. But the corporate people decided that was giving the service a kick back since the fee was set?

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Terr

I don't see an issue with it unless the fee is higher or much higher for the other nursing homes.

If you charge the same fee to all nursing homes then I can't see it as any type of kickback.

Its actually a lower fee than medicare but the company I work for changed owners now they are saying we cant do that because its giving the service a "kick back" which I dont see how they get that. But we have to get them to the MD appointments and other appointments some how. I was just wondering if other places had contracts for Ambulance services with the nursing homes.

Any thoughts on this?

Whoever decided this was a "kickback" needs to get real. This is how healthcare works. In fact, this is how business in general works. Ever looked at your health insurance policy? If you go to the doctors that they have worked out these contracts with, you pay only pennies on the dollar for your care. If you go to a doctor that does not have a contract with the insurance company, you eat it, because they have a lower rate worked out with the contracted doctor. Such contracts benefit everybody involved. I don't see a thing wrong with it. And you would be extremely hard pressed to find a legal opinion stating there was anything improper about it. I am, of course, assuming that this "contract" was on the up-and-up, and not some kind of shady, back pocket kind of deal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.