Emt Does it get Better?

Dameser32

...This is nothing like I expected. Hopefully things will start to grab my interest...

Hi Dameser,

If you "finally just got into" your class, seems as though you had some interest or desire. What were you expecting when you went into this? I am not being sarcastic, I am just curious. Perhaps you are taking this course because you have to be cross trained?

I'm Finally Into Emt class. I already took fire one and two. This is nothing like I expected. Hopefully things will start to grab my interest. Was it like this for most everyone or just me. I'm about a month in.

Don't take this the wrong way, but this is the main reason I tell people to go for a ride a long before they make their mind up about entering the program.

If it does not interest you a) You don't put in the effort needed and :lol: the chances of continuing education and self learning after the course is minimal.

Are you just entering this as a pre-requisite for a fire department?

It sounds to me like this was a forced decision to enter the program. If it is just a pre requisite then you are going to have to suffer through it. I also have no idea where your thought pattern comes from that this course would be anything like a fire training course.

Good luck with it.

EMT school was nothing like the fire academy for me, because the fire academy was five times as long and ten times as hard. It was longer than paramedic school too, and at least twice as hard. Although, it seems that most fire academies are a joke compared to mine too.

So yeah, I can see why people -- especially those who have no interest in it in the first place -- would not be motivated to take EMT school seriously. Someday, maybe EMT school will actually involve enough stimulating education that people will either take it seriously or flunk. Not anytime soon though.

I'm Finally Into Emt class. I already took fire one and two. This is nothing like I expected. Hopefully things will start to grab my interest. Was it like this for most everyone or just me. I'm about a month in.

Well, I know that my EMT class was nothing like I thought it would be. It was way to superficial and a large portion of my classmates left a lot to be desired.

Another new member made to feel welcome. I love it.

Myself, I've often found that very intelligent people find material that is not to their level to be extremely dull.

I've found if a persons not interested it's boring. Let's hope this guy fits your idea instead.