First Responders

Tristan

In my area it is all vol. fire guys. We have great first responders in our areas. I work for a county service right now and we cover about 5 or so small towns. I mean no stop lights in some of them. Most of the repsonders are emts that no longer work for a service. We have a few younger guys. I will say that they are aweomse. I have not been on scene yet where I had one not help or anything. As long as I ask and say thanks and do not act like they do not know what they are doing. In another words treat them like a human then they are fine.

As I've said in a lot of post I've written I live in a small town so I volunteer. Where I live only one company around us is considered First Responders. There are two other companys around mine and the first responders are in the middle so when the two outter companys get toned they get toned as the first responders. As for the other companys being titled as first responders we dont have any. If someone comes from home they just question and give the information to the ambulance when they get there because no one carries anything helpful such as b/p cuff, etc with them. Looks like no one else thats replied has that sort of thing going on in there area.

Full-time- usually the cops, but they don't have any training that I'm aware of. Possibly something that I'll be rectifying this year. But they don't go to every call.

911- We're fire-based but otherwise separate. Usually the cops are first-in, I think they all have CPR and AEDs. Private residence or public place they'll be there unless already tied up. Nursing homes of other medical facilities they normally don't. Fire is dispatched with us on auto accidents but we usually beat them. The fire chief goes on the mva's and as he sees necessary but typically stays out of the way. He beats us depending on geography.

down here in my area firefighters are toned on pretty much all medical calls, several of the fire deptments are ALS also.

Depending on where the emergency is, Fire dept. normaly beats the bus to the scene.

ALS Fire is great....however sometimes the volenteer depts. just get in your way,

all in all I would rather have a fire dept on scene first radioing back pt assesments and vitals so I know what we are rolling on

plus nothing makes an adress easier to find at night thatn an engine and a rescue sitting out front

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.