salarys

lmustbe

hEY guys I am new here. I would just like to know why us Emt's get paid so little.

1. Because most of the idiots you went to school with give it away for free.

2. Because your school gave you less training than a manager trainee at Taco Bell.

3. Because your school produces such an excess of EMTs every month that there is no demand for you.

4. Because you provide no service that results in significant revenue for an employer.

5. Because anybody who cannot spell salaries cannot seriously think they have earned one.

Welcome to Economics 101, EMT City style.

Very sad, if you didn't want to answer you should of just kept your mouth shut...

The fact that you fail to recognise that I DID answer speaks very poorly for your potential.

I'm curious what "answer" you were expecting? If you already knew the answer, then why did you ask? If you did not already know the answer, then what makes you think my answer is inaccurate?

So... back to the topic at hand...

Was there something inaccurate about the answers I gave you, which by the way, you did ask for?

Again, if you know so much, why are you asking us for answers? What answers were you expecting? Were you expecting people here to agree that somebody with three weeks of night school ought to be making $100k a year for driving an ambulance? And were you really so stupid as to not figure that out until after you wasted the time and money in that class? Here's a news flash for you: you made a poor career choice without doing the slightest research into it, and now you get to live in poverty with the rest of us. Deal with it.

I challenge you to find any paramedic with five or more years in the field to dispute any of the answers I gave you. In fact, once you've been around for five years, I challenge you to dispute them. In five years, you can just sit around and pout about how you should have listened to the answers we gave you here instead of pretending that, after a whole 120 hours of first aid training, you already knew everything. But realistically, I predict in five years you won't know anymore about EMS than you currently do. In fact, I bet you won't even be in EMS in five years. I'll still be here if you want to come back and apologise.

All I wanted to know is why Emt's get paid so little, the truth of the matter is, this is not just Cpr training. Everyone knows here that is an emt, knows we are over worked and underpaid. This was a big issue down in wall st. You must admit medics, emt, police officers etc could all be paid a little better. House keepers make more , now is that right? No

But what I am trying to figure out is why? This is an issue that alot has brought up, so I am not the first nor the last to ask it. My regrets is asking someone like you to give me more then just a sarcastic opionion. I was looking for more of a quality answer.

Thanks for nothing