Virginia Tech Shooting Review Panel Report

Doczilla

Very interesting to read the EMS section. Seems so strange that a police officer wanted the diseased transported with lights and sirens though.

Diseased? I thought they were shot. Do you mean deceased?

I think one of the things that bothers me is how indignant the president of the University seems to be with regards to the results of this report. I understand that no one likes to be criticized. I understand that no one likes their actions judged after the fact...especially in a case like this where you can sit an nitpick details with all the benefit of hindsight. But still...be a man about it. Take your lumps. Step down from your job if it comes to it. But don't argue the point.

I don't know. It's such a sad case all around.

-be safe

It goes into some detail about the EMS, hospitals, and tactical medics who were involved in the incident. Some good lessons learned all the way around.

http://www.governor.virginia.gov/TempConte...PanelReport.cfm

'zilla

Thank you for posting this link. I was unaware that a report was released regarding the incident. Aside of working municipal EMS, I also volunteer at a collegiate EMS squad. Immediately after the incident, we had a meeting regarding our prepareness for such as event. We were also given the opportunity to vent. Unfortunately, one of our members lost a friend during the incident. :)

I will be fowarding the report to my fellow members, advisors, and the security personnel as well. We have much to learn from it.

Besides communications problems with local agencies, it seems the the Virginia Tech Rescue Squad did a fantastic job! Their efforts should definitely be commended. =D>

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.