When I worked at a plasma center

Brady

Talking on the subject of off the road I had a job at a plasma center and my position you had to be a nurse or an EMT or higher. As an EMT basic they expected me to give shots of atropine, benadryl, and start IV's. We worked under a dr's licence but there was no formal training for anything. This was very frustrating to me because it was all out of my scope of practice yet we had to sign a paper saying we knew what we were doing or we did not have a job. I don't work there anymore because of issues like this.

You did the right thing. They are foolish, expecting to be excused from any liability having someone sign a waiver. If there are other Basics that continue, they are asking for litigation and possibility of removal of license and or certifications.

R/r 911

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

johntiger10 Posted: 1 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I work in a plasma donation center, I don't have to give any meds, start iv's. All I do I physicals, I have a Title of Phys. Substitute, The only thing I have to give is a few tetanus and hep b shots. I don't think it to bad. What company do you work for?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also work in a Plasma donation center, only recently, and if they forced you into signing something that you were not certified to do then I agree. But I am certified within the company to give shots(Hep B & Tetanus). I cant give I.V.'s but we also have a nurse there that can. (BioMAT)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.