Question..

StlEms

You don't half talk a lot of crap zippyRN!

The St Johns ETA course is 6 evenings long. You cannot include all the first aid level courses when calculating the hours spent training otherwise you have to include any first aid certificate and First Responder training into the EMT-B calculation.

You have this ridiculous ability to exclude all information which disagrees with your opinion and include irrelevant information that supports your opinion.

You also think that you are involved in EMS. This is rubbish, you are a nurse who volunteers for a pretend ambulance service. You have never been employed within an NHS ambulance service and have never experience proper EMS. St Johns don't even let Nurses administer drugs! St Johns policy allows qualified Technicians to administer Technician drugs but not nurses. So you are at the bottom of the health professional ladder in terms of EMS.

120 hours and potential no help for hours

You clearly know nothing about American EMS. I am a registered EMT-B and am working towards my EMT-P.

This statement is complete crap as usual. EMT-Bs in most systems are backed up by Paramedics and most services operate at least one Paramedic on every vehicle with EMT-Bs on fire trucks.

Pull your head out of your arse, you're not even involved in EMS.

You don't half talk a lot of crap zippyRN!

The St Johns ETA course is 6 evenings long. You cannot include all the first aid level courses when calculating the hours spent training otherwise you have to include any first aid certificate and First Responder training into the EMT-B calculation.

You cannot enter the ETA course without the underpinning First aid skills and knowledge - however they are part of the competencies required.

the ETA course is not 'six evenings' long the minimum permissable time for PTA to ETA is 6 days ... the minimum times given are inadequate in many cases or rely on the whole course being extremely well motivated and to havedone most if not all of the theory learning in their own time

You have this ridiculous ability to exclude all information which disagrees with your opinion and include irrelevant information that supports your opinion.

baseless and unreferencable information is exclude and ignored

You also think that you are involved in EMS. This is rubbish, you are a nurse who volunteers for a pretend ambulance service.

wrong !

I am a registered Nurse,. I hold a number of emergency and pre-hospital care sepecific additional qualificatiosn and certifications

You have never been employed within an NHS ambulance service and have never experience proper EMS.

the thousand plus hours i have spent over the last few years doing A+E ambulance work as a contractor for NHS ambulance services must be an illusion, as must the several hundred hours of town centre project work where i am seeing ( and often disposing without reference to the NHS ambulance service ) undifferentiated Emergency patients must be an illusiuon as well, as must the large events where we 'footprint' cover and see

St Johns don't even let Nurses administer drugs! St Johns policy allows qualified Technicians to administer Technician drugs but not nurses. So you are at the bottom of the health professional ladder in terms of EMS.

St john ambulance does allow nurses to adminster drugs withon the bounds of UK law

several NHS services have had their fingers burnt over technician drugs ... SJA is heading the same way

i don't see many techncians referring on SJA duties, neither do i see them requesting X rays at large events , closing wounds, nor caring for level 2 or 3 critical care patients ...

I don't see any techncians on SJA duties undertaking clinical manager roles, neither are they allowed to undertake a number of other Health Professional only interventions or procedures...

120 hours and potential no help for hours

You clearly know nothing about American EMS. I am a registered EMT-B and am working towards my EMT-P.

This statement is complete crap as usual. EMT-Bs in most systems are backed up by Paramedics and most services operate at least one Paramedic on every vehicle with EMT-Bs on fire trucks.

Pull your head out of your arse, you're not even involved in EMS.

you only need to read some of the stories and experiences posted my memberso f the forum of their volunteer all EMT-B or even not EMT services with paramedic backup suppled by helimed flying from upto an hour away ... just becasue big city ems based fire services saturate their coverage areas...

as for not involved in EMS - you are entitled to your opinion ... but opinions are like rectums , most people have one and a good proportion ofthe time they're full of faeces

Zippy,

Just a quick question, why does almost every thread you get involved in end up in a pissing match? Are you frustrated? Then apply for one of paramedic science degrees (I'm sure you'd get some credits with your background). Do you enjoy winding people up? Then just think about this: if you used this behaviour on the street then it would be deemed to be unacceptable. Why should it be any different here?

I think you are an intelligent person, your posts show as much. I just think that with your arrogant attitude that it's a shame no-one bothers to listen much anymore.

You can take this advice as you wish. You could respond with a diatribe of my shortcomings, let's face it - I'm not perfect. But I never wind people up for the fun of it. It's just childish.

I wish you luck whatever you decide to do.......'

WM

• 2 months later...
MY guess would be that he's a Mr. He certainly is a cock if he logs onto a US site and slags off EMT's when he's not even in EMS full-time

WM

Well Said!! Is this the same Zippy that regularly causes offense on the ambulanceUK site?