Paramedic exam

Can anyone recommend any revision/review materials for the NREMT-P exam? There are literally hundreds of books out there which claim to help you prepare for the exam and there is even a crappy flash card series which isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

What I'm asking is, can anyone personally recommend materials which helped them prepare for their exam?

Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/103-9...=paramedic+exam

How to Prepare for the EMT Paramedic Exam by Mark Marchetta is a good book to start with and works well about 1 month before the test. The first chapters are separated by section, then there are three "final" exams. These tests seemed to be the closest to NR testing.

Paramedic Exam by learning express came highly recommended. It is a good book, if you're ready to take the test (i.e. 1 - 2 weeks before the test). I believe these tests will go into more detail than the other books.

http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com/product.j...n=9780323019590

I also used the Paramedic / I-99 study guide by Mosby. This worked out well as we used the Mosby book for the class. It is also good computer-based test taking practice.

I used the materials in the timeframe I described and did ok on the tests (80% - 85% average first runs).

I took the NR test on 7/7/07 and passed the first time. The test stopped at 77-78 questions and I actually felt pretty confident when I walked out of the test. Until I realized I got the last question wrong, that is. I thought the last question would be a guide as to pass / fail regarding the test. It's not.

I never took the paper test so I can't really say how hard it was, but I actually think the computer test might actually be easier than the paper tests were. But again, it's only speculation.

The two biggest tips I can give you are:

1: Don't rush as people taking computer test are reported to do.

2: Don't worry about the questions already answered. If you think about previous questions, you'll be less focused on the future ones.

Good luck.

good pointers there MEAN ONE.

When do you test

The only pointers I can give are dont stress relax dont over think the questions or read to much into them that is where alot of people get into trouble.

Come to chat some time when you need support we will help you.

GOOD LUCK.

terr

one more pointer.

DO NOT study the night before. Either you know it or you don't.

If you do study the night before you will see what you really don't know and then the stress hits the roof.

Just take it easy the night before.

And Eat breakfast too the next day nothing heavy just something light.

I forgot that one ruff about not studying the night before.

one more pointer.

DO NOT study the night before. Either you know it or you don't.

If you do study the night before you will see what you really don't know and then the stress hits the roof.

Just take it easy the night before.

I agree. I watched Family Guy and went to bed early. Good times.

I agree. I watched Family Guy and went to bed early. Good times.

I wouldn't discount cramming altogether. Cramming works well for many people. There have been studies that validate the practice. While it may not be a good technique for everybody, it is for some. By the time you get to EMT school, you should have had at least 12 years of taking tests behind you. Do whatever works for you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.