Statements made under sedation, especially versed

fireflymedic

CMK the "milk of amnesia" is usually Propofol :D

I have been sedated with various combos including versed, fentanyl, propofol, and brevital and have said a lot of great things along the way no doubt....

I once after a fairly awake heart procedure looked up at my murse and told him I felt like I had beer goggles on, then proceeded to profess my love :oops:

Fentanyl makes my nose itch and I would compulsively repeat "Oh my God- HELP! My nose is falling off!!!!"

And to top it off, not particularly funny but had a laugh with the surgeon after, I was not near sedated enough and while he was cutting I said "OUCH #$%* that hurts, whatever the hell you're doing stop it right now"....freaked him out a bit I guess! :D

Anything else I may have said under the influence oh well, I know that I have had entire conversations while still semi sedated that I was informed of later, and did not remember a word of what I said ....so anything is possible!

I remember the first jaw surgery I had almost 5 years ago (due to have another Jan. 22, 2008). They got the IV in, and gave me the typical mix of versed/fentanyl to "relax" me before putting me out with propofol, and after the versed/fentanyl mix was pushed, I started giggling uncontrollably, and saying to the nurse "hey! You have 3 heads!"

......then I don't remember much after that, except for them waking me up after the surgery was over, hearing my name being called loudly, saying "Connie....Connie, time to wake up, it's all done!".....and they were pulling the tube out of my nose (I was nasally intubated, due to them working on my jaw).

Wow, still had pretty good gag reflex, because I vomited right then and there, and I was wired shut! Wasn't a nice feeling, being suctioned out like that!

Why did I wake up from my first cancer surgery singing "Tiny Bubbles"?

Most fun I had after giving a pt. a liberal dose of Vitamin-V was the number of languages they began to speak--almost correctly? I only know 4 of the many they broke in to---

But when the pt. asked if we were gonna stick a tube in his dick....then things went south real fast.

(He spit in the face of the nurse who was performing the 'procedure' about 3 min. earlier) So you can imagine the outcome---something like cleaning a gun with heavy lead deposits?

Ahhh--the fun of it all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.