Love that minimun wage increase

I work for a private service and our EMTB are paid a little above min wage (we work 48/72 and average 4 maybe 5 calls in 24hr) so when the min wage goes up by about 2 dollars that increase goes all the way up to paramedic and it is about 10k per year. I work with my wife so we really benefit. Score 1 for private ems pay. Anyone else affected by this?

The federal minimum wage will go up by $2.10 but over two years. Many states are higher. I'm not sure of the cost of living in your area but if you were/are making a little above minimum wage then that means you are making roughly $12,000 a year (without OT), full time which is at the poverty level. Of cousre nobody goes into EMS for the money but that is very low (at least to me). Would you make more money in the government sector? At least the benefits have to be better

3 step increase is scheduled as follows:

$5.85 - Summer of 2007

$6.55 - Summer of 2008

$7.25 - Summer of 2009

The federal minimum wage will go up by $2.10 but over two years. Many states are higher. I'm not sure of the cost of living in your area but if you were/are making a little above minimum wage then that means you are making roughly $12,000 a year (without OT), full time which is at the poverty level. Of cousre nobody goes into EMS for the money but that is very low (at least to me). Would you make more money in the government sector? At least the benefits have to be better

3 step increase is scheduled as follows:

$5.85 - Summer of 2007

$6.55 - Summer of 2008

$7.25 - Summer of 2009

minimum wage here is 7.15 already.

Everyone's affected by this. Hello higher costs everyplace that employs minimum wage workers! I highly doubt that my company would increase wages to counteract this since we start off at 10/hr for 12 hour shifts with time and a half after 8 hours and double time after 12.

Unfortunately, most administrators will not adjust the remaining wages for those already above the minimum wage level. Therefore, pay levels will be actually lower than before in comparison.

Again, most still don't understand when one raises the minimum level everything else will increase to offset the costs.

R/r 911

Unfortunately, most administrators will not adjust the remaining wages for those already above the minimum wage level. Therefore, pay levels will be actually lower than before in comparison.

Again, most still don't understand when one raises the minimum level everything else will increase to offset the costs.

R/r 911

This is an unfortunate truth, when minimum wage goes up the 2 dollars, expect everything to increase a similar percentage.

Just think of it this way, all stores everywhere will be able to charge what is charged in NY as the minimum wage levels will be equivalent, so expect to be paying that $22 for a sandwich everywhere

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.