:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terri,

I think spenac has finally entered end stage old timers disease. :lol:

He no understand English anymore. Poor, poor spenac. :crybaby:

I'm sorry spenac, I won't pick on you anymore. HAHAHA! Not, you are the reason I get up in the morning. I dream about ways to terrorize you. LOL

oh didnt you hear........your prozac was replaced by rectal VALIUM.......... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now back to the regularly scheduled nurse bashing.

I hate when nurses wait until we are loading back up into the ambulance to come out and ask us to do their job. Just spent an hour waiting on paperwork and the nurse sitting and flirting. Do your own job I want to get some sleep.

• 1 month later...

More bashing, eh? Allright, here goes!

If there is anything that I cannot stand, it is a smart-ass nurse. They get on my nerves more than anyone in this field, for the simple fact that despite the fact that their paycheck doubles or triples that of a paramedic, but most of the ones I have dealt with have been total morons. The ER ones screw with the medics and are lazy. The hospice ones are just plain stupid. And the nursing home ones are the crap of the crop-I'll save bashing them and telling horror stories for another post.

Nurses are trained like monkeys and are overpaid a** wipers. They are taught exactly how to do things and then are told by a doctor exactly when to do them and on what patient-99% of the time. They only push drugs when told, don't have to know their indications or mechanisms because they just give them as ordered. They don't think because they don't have to. The majority of them can't even do a simple assessment without their computer screen telling them what questions to ask and what assessments to do and the predetermined responses. And by the way, their IV skills suck, with the rare exceptions here and there.

But they are quick to bash medics and EMTs for what they do. Had one get really mad at me not too long ago for bringing a hypoglycemic diabetic in without an IV. Well, for starters the patient was bedbound and had contractures, limiting my selection and eliminating the ACs. Several technicians tried and were unsuccessful so I gave IM Glucagon. The blood sugar went from reading 'lo' to 46 by the time we got to the ER. Since we were 3 miles from the hospital I gave the Glucagon and got enroute. She was pissed and starts yelling at me that it is 'unacceptable' for me to bring in a hypo with no IV. My nurse hatred and immaturity got the better of me and I said "Bitch, the day that you have Paramedic after your name is the day that you can critique my patient care!" I know I am terrible. But my number one rule when dealing with nurses, if it felt good to say you probably should not have said it.