Anyone work for Americare in socal?

Hey I'm starting my job for Americare next thursday and I'm pretty excited. I was just wondering if anyone has worked for them before and can tell me how their experience was with them. I know they run 24 hour shifts and they run their new people through a lot of simulations and tests to make sure they're prepared. The uniforms are really cool too. Can anyone tell me anything else about their experiences with Americare in southern cal? Thanks a lot!

0960e95297.jpg

:lol:

Im dissappointed dust, i though youd sink you teeth into this line..

I know they run 24 hour shifts and they run their new people through a lot of simulations and tests to make sure they're prepared. The uniforms are really cool too.

Dude, you can't beat the uniforms at Lynch. Besides having a kick ass name [Lynch Mob anyone?], we have all black uniforms. Nothing beats walking in to target and being asked for directions to the beach balls.

On a serious note, no, I'm not too familiar with Ameriscare [we have cute names for just about everyone out here] as they operate mostly in LA county.

Apparently, according to their website, they are going big time. LA County ALS. BLS in the OC and SD counties too.

They're not proud enough of those uniforms to show them off on their website though.

Their website sucks arse. I don't trust any employer who is more proud of their ambulances than their people. And they don't show their people at all on the site. Just trucks. Probably a good indicator of what priority they put on their people.

That and the wankerish "Three Badges of Courage" icon on there. :roll:

God, I hate Kalifornia.

They're not proud enough of those uniforms to show them off on their website though.

Their website sucks arse. I don't trust any employer who is more proud of their ambulances than their people. And they don't show their people at all on the site. Just trucks. Probably a good indicator of what priority they put on their people.

You sure? I saw many pictures of their employees, especially the ones who went down to the Hurricane Rita response.

The rest of it yes, not a lot of redeeming value.

You sure? I saw many pictures of their employees, especially the ones who went down to the Hurricane Rita response.

The rest of it yes, not a lot of redeeming value.

I missed that. I gave up after viewing the main page, the EMT page, and the Paramedic page and not seeing any employees pictured, just a bunch of ambulances. It's definitely a cheesy website. Microsoft Front Page is so ninties. :roll:

I give them credit for the entrepeneurial spirit though. Mom and pop operation that progresses pretty quickly. I'd like to see more of that going on in this country, and not just the continuing growth of AMR and Rural Metro eating up all of the privates.

I know a few people who have worked there. None would ever do it again, though they did make some good friendships there.

The ones who did it AND are good EMTs now worked there b/c they weren't old enough to work for a 911 provider (b/c of insurance reasons). Rise above the rest, then move on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.