New EMS Commercials: CPR Jackhammer and EMS Busy Simulator

Ridryder 911

Steve Berry's cartoons definitely show the ligher side of EMS. I had the opportunity to hear Steve Berry speak at a recent conference where he used these and many of his other cartoons in his presentations. He is great and makes a conference interesting. I learned so much from him and Ken Bouvier, New Orleans EMS Administrative Liason

I learned so much from him and Ken Bouvier, New Orleans EMS Administrative Liason

It's a shame Ken Bouvier is an idiot with no people skills about him. I've had the misfortune of meeting him, too. What started as a pleasant and friendly conversation quickly turned, by his turn, to him name calling and belittling those around him. Quite a shock to the people present.

And to think he was the leader of the grossly ineffective NAEMT. With people like him in charge it's no wonder the organization is worthless.

Steve Berry, on the other hand, is not only smart and funny, but he's also personable and cares about the profession and those who work in the industry. It's a shame that more of the people who appoint themselves to leadership roles can't follow his example.

-be safe

It's a shame Ken Bouvier is an idiot with no people skills about him. I've had the misfortune of meeting him, too. What started as a pleasant and friendly conversation quickly turned, by his turn, to him name calling and belittling those around him. Quite a shock to the people present.

And to think he was the leader of the grossly ineffective NAEMT. With people like him in charge it's no wonder the organization is worthless.

Steve Berry, on the other hand, is not only smart and funny, but he's also personable and cares about the profession and those who work in the industry. It's a shame that more of the people who appoint themselves to leadership roles can't follow his example.

-be safe

Shame I have heard the same thing from many other EMT's that have attended conferences/workshops and some that was involved on NAEMTl. After reading what has NOT been accomplished, I tend to agree. .

R/r 911

-be safe

I did not meet Ken personally. Nor did I have a conversation with him so I don't know what heis like and I have no opinion. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was not a good one. I do know however that the break-out session that he did was very informative.

As you stated, Steve Berry is the bomb! I did get the chance to personally meet him and his vast knowlege amazes me. His cartoons are just what EMS needs. I missed his first book and am hoping they decide to reprint it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.